Thursday, March 9, 2017

There's this woman I know...

Yesterday was International Women's Day.

Apparently there were protests and women refusing to go into work and all sorts of arguments all over the internet about who was right and who was wrong. I stayed out of the debate because 1) I didn't care and 2) Even if I did... I just am honestly not that big of a fan of arguing with people on Facebook. 

Who wishes more people felt that way? 

You know you do.


Anyways, the more I thought about this, the more I wanted to share a bit on here.

Want to know what comes to mind when I hear the word 
WOMAN...

I think of the most influential woman in my life...

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, stripes, food and indoor

I think of my mom. She has worked her tail off her entire life. She doesn't have a lazy bone in her body. She has done some of the most menial jobs full of hard labor all the way to nice management positions. She was a caregiver to her bedridden mother for many years and a caregiver to my father in the last years of his illness-plagued life. She gave birth to two children with NO drugs whatsoever, after having been in labor for more than 24 hours with each. She lost a child via a tubal pregnancy and through the pain of recovery, still made sure she left the hospital on Christmas Day (just a few short days after surgery) so she could be with her other two children on the special day. She received her license to preach and ministered for many years through teaching and preaching herself and also by supporting her husband in his role as senior pastor, youth pastor, and children's pastor. She has supported and encouraged her children to follow their dreams and, more importantly, to follow the call of God on their lives. 

My mom is a rockstar y'all. 

If I can be even half the woman she is at her age, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment