Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October Photo Challenge Day 9

Today's prompt is "Red"




Meet Mr. S. Isn't he a cutie?

Today for our Read Aloud time, I read "Dear Zoo" by Rod Campbell. The students then had to write their own letter to the zoo, asking for their own animal. They had to use good descriptive words and sentence structure. Since both of those are still a somewhat foreign concept for some of my sweet kiddos, we had our first Writer's Conferences today. I was able to work with half of my kids today and will finish the others tomorrow. This is where I "meet" with a student and go over his paper with him, helping him to edit it and present a nice. finished product. And since they LOVE using their markers, I allowed them to write in pencil first, and then trace it with marker. And since Mr. S's favorite color is red, I thought this picture would be perfect for today's Photo Challenge post :)

P.S. Did anyone notice how cute he is with his missing two front teeth? :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And in case you're wondering what the October Photo Challenge is, you can find the list here. It looks like fun and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment