Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Why Do I Teach

Today I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk linkup, where we can talk about just about anything in our lives at the moment...



So, do you want to know what's on my mind today?

This question...

Why do I teach?

I teach because I love those lightbulb moments... Those are the times when students finally get what they've been struggling with for some time. I love when they finally possess the confidence in themselves that I, as their teacher, have in them.

I teach because I love to learn. I would totally 100% be in school today (online, of course), working on another degree if I could afford it. I think a good teacher is always learning. 

I teach because I have the opportunity to be an advocate for those who may not be able to be so for themselves. I speak up for students who need extra assistance, who need extra care, who need to be challenged and advanced...

I teach because I love a good challenge. God apparently knows this because He seems to love sending fun and interesting challenges my way. But I love it! I love pushing myself to improve and be better and better. A good teacher is always striving to better herself.

I teach because I love school supplies. Just kidding. Although, let's be honest... Is there anything better than a brand new pack of colorful sharpies or sticky notes? I think not :)

I teach because I love being able to pour into the lives of the future leaders of tomorrow. Whether my students grow up to be presidents or doctors or teachers or missionaries or garbage truck drivers, it doesn't matter. They will each be leaders in their own unique ways. And it's my job to help prepare them for their future. 

I teach because it's my passion and my calling. God called me into a field that I am so very passionate about. I absolutely love what I do. And I feel eternally blessed that God has trusted me with this calling. What a privilege it is to be a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment