Saturday, February 16, 2019

A Different Kind of Top 5

Happy Saturday Y’all 

I’d originally planned on posting this yesterday. But that didn’t happen.


So here we are. 

Anywho - Usually my weekly Top 5 post is classroom/school related. 

But this week, I'm changing it up.

Why? 

Well, this guy's birthday is today...

Image may contain: Josh Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, beard and eyeglasses

My brother is an amazing guy and I'm so blessed to call him my brother. I really am. So, in honor of his special day, here are my 5 favorites of my brother. 
~ one ~

I love how hardworking he is. I know he's not the biggest fan of this picture. But I am. It's his Manager picture from work. I've been so impressed and proud of him and how fast he's "climbed the ladder" at work. He works his bum off for his family, making sure his wife and daughters are well-cared and provided for. He is strong and tough and doesn't back down from a challenge. I love that about him!

Image may contain: Josh Nichols, smiling, closeup

~ two ~

I love how devoted to his family he is. I love seeing him with his wife & daughters. I love seeing his love for them. He's so utterly devoted to them, providing and caring for them and going above and beyond for them. He is such a good husband and father. If I could marry a man even half as good as him one day, I'd do well :)

Image may contain: 4 people, including Victoria Payton Nichols and Josh Nichols, people smiling Image may contain: 2 people

~ three ~ 

I love how goofy he is. * Case in point... Check out his goofy smile in the pictures below. Honestly, he's always ready with a silly joke or something, ready to make someone smile. I love his humor. And I love his zeal for life. He seems to truly find joy in all parts of life. And he can almost always make me smile :)

Image may contain: Josh Nichols, Debra Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling Image may contain: Elisabeth Nichols and Josh Nichols, people smiling, indoor and closeup

~ four ~

I love how when I moved to Senegal, I could rest easier, knowing he was nearby our parents. This was even more evident when my dad was so sick and then after I returned to Senegal after my dad's death. I love talking to my mom and hearing all the ways my brother has helped her or things he's said or done for her.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Debra Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, night, closeup and indoor

~ five ~

I love that he's my brother. He's such an incredible guy and I truly feel blessed to have him in my life. He's encouraging and supportive, generous and caring, hardworking and considerate, funny and smart and humble... He's so many things.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their names to and join in on the fun.





And I'm also joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their 5 on Friday linkup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment