Saturday, September 19, 2009

God, you want me to do what?!

Saturday I was asked if I wanted to do Children's Church at one of the African churches some time soon.

My first reaction was almost shock -- He wants me to do what?! Then I asked if he was serious and he said he was and then asked, wasn't that what you were wanting to do here? I answered yes (with a little hesitation in my voice). And he said ok then, why don't you do it then? I then said, I don't know if I could do that by myself. He said, Oh yeah you could and then the subject got changed after that and it was left at that.

The rest of the afternoon and throughout the night (I couldn't sleep.) I kept thinking about him asking me this. The devil kept putting thoughts in my head, like...You're not good enough. You can't speak French. You're not even a real missionary.

So during thenight I was still praying about this and finally felt peace about it. I heard God say, Elisabeth I wouldn't call you to do a ministry if I'm not going to be with you and help you and take care of you. Why do you worry about these things? And this is the verse he gave me...

"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is always right beside me." Psalms 16:8

Yes, I may be nervous. Yes, I might even mess up. But God will be right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment