Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Currently

   Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 


March's prompts are...

  * choosing *  imagining * making * recommending * wearing *

I'm currently choosing to come into work early each day, doing whatever last minute prep I need to do, so I can leave fairly soon after school's over. I used to do the opposite. But staying late every day, getting home just at dinner time every day was no fun. So when I came back from the States this semester, I switched it up. And I must say... I'm enjoying having so much time at home (or time to hang out with friends) in the afternoon/evening. Plus, since as a morning person, I do my best work earlier in the day, I'm actually NOT coming home each afternoon, looking like the picture below. So yay for that! :)


I'm currently imagining all sorts of fun things...

I'm currently making tentative plans to take my Praxis tests online. I have  to take 3 of them to renew my AL Teaching Certificate. And I just found out that they are all available online, which would allow me to take them here and not have to wait 'til I got back to the US. ...which could come in handy if I end up not being able to go back to the US this summer. 


I'm currently recommending this recipe for homemade orange chicken. I've made it a few times before and have loved it. Then I made it again the other night and tweaked it just a bit, and it turned out even better. I'll definitely make it again soon.


I'm currently wearing this shirt I got for Christmas. The high bun, sunglasses, and SPED theme... It's perfect for me. Plus, now that it's Cool Season (our "winter") here in Dakar, I actually enjoy wearing long sleeves. 

Yes, I did share the photo from Amazon. ;) I kept forgetting to take a picture of myself wearing it.

 And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a couple more :)

I'm currently working to do better at just "resting" at night. My brain has a tendency to shift into overdrive the minute I lie down each night. I think it's because I'm finally still and letting myself fully unwind from the day. So when that happens, my brain then starts thinking all the things... 


I'm currently finishing up my latest grad school class. I only have two more assignments to do and then I'll be done next week. I really have enjoyed this class. But even so, it'll be nice to have a bit of a break :)


I'm currently reading through the book of Isaiah. A book full of so much richness, so much of the goodness that is the hand of God at work, so much hope for the future.  


And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

3 comments:

  1. I've discovered I'm much more productive in the mornings as well. It's a good thing to have learned about myself. Enjoy your free-er afternoons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a morning person too, and when I started working from home and could start in on work early, it really did help my productivity - love having my stuff done earlier :) Glad you are enjoying the new routine too! And the orange chicken... that sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on being close to finishing your current grad school class! I think it's great that you can do your Praxis tests online too, so you aren't tied down to whether you can get back to the U.S. or not!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete