Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Currently

 Happy Wednesday, Y'all


Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

July's prompts are...

  * eating *  feeling * going * ordering * realizing *

I'm currently eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies. All sorts of fun things I either can’t get in Senegal or are far too expensive in Senegal. 



I'm currently feeling grateful for all the time I've had with my mom during this break from school. And I'm glad I still have a few more weeks here, too. She really is the best and I'm blessed to be her daughter. 



I'm currently going to be spending the day with my mom and my nieces. Our big plans for today? Coloring in our new sketch books, playing hide and seek, and watching something fun on TV :)



I'm currently ordering nothing. I did recently order this shirt from Amazon, though. It was cheap and fit my roles at work pretty perfectly. So, I thought it'd be a fun purchase. Past that, I still need to buy some supplies to take back to Senegal. But I'm thinking I'll just make a Wal-Mart run the week before I leave and get everything else I need...


I'm currently realizing that taking the time to truly rest is actually okay. This is hard for me. But after getting to the borderline of burnout made me realize I need to help myself more and actually embrace the art of rest. 



 And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a couple more :)

I'm currently reading/studying all about the Understanding by Design method of curriculum planning, as it’s the topic of my current grad school class. And since my mom doesn't have internet (nor do I have cell service there either), I'm thankful for Jack's and their inexpensive/tasty breakfasts, large cups of ice water, and most importantly, their free wifi for helping me get my coursework completed :)


I'm currently packing for a mini getaway happening this upcoming weekend, when I'll be traveling to speak at a church a few hours from here. I love sharing my heart for the incredible work God has called me to do. 

I’m currently enjoying my time in the States, albeit shorter than I'd prefer thanks to a much longer professional development time than usual before the school year starts. I'm grateful for this time to spend with family, to reconnect with many of my missions supporters, and to soak up all sorts of Americanness, too. I have a few more weeks and I truly intend to to take full advantage of them.


And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy all the fresh fruits and veggies! Summer produce really is the best produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on needing to learn to allow myself to rest...it's hard for me because I don't like feeling like I'm doing nothing - so I have to reframe it that resting IS doing something good for myself :) How great you have the family time, and all the summer fun + foods. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have this time back in the states....with your mom (and without internet)! Savor it all - and praying that it will be just what you need to return refreshed, refueled and ready for the new school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you need to rest! So you can keep on advocating. :) I love that t-shirt! Enjoy your time with family!

    ReplyDelete