Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Currently

  Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 


August's prompts are...

  * admiring *  anticipating * enjoying * spending * saving *

I'm currently admiring this picture I took at sunrise while flying back to Dakar this past weekend. I've always been a fan of sunrise/sunset. But this was the first time I caught it from the plane window. Isn't God such an incredible artist? :)



I’m currently anticipating the need for an umbrella being a regular thing around here for a while. Hello Rainy Season. I'd say it's nice to see you again since you sort of cool things off for a few minutes. But after that, you bring on humidity and big huge water puddles that aren't enjoyable to walk through. So I'm just not sure how I feel about you... ;)


I’m currently enjoying being back in Dakar. It's been nice seeing friends and co-workers again. It's been nice seeing a couple of my students (and former students) and their parents again too. And as sad as I am to see Summer Break (with its days of no alarm clock setting) leave... I truly am enjoying being back to work and prepping for the upcoming school year.

And yes... I even enjoy writing IEPs ;)

I’m currently spending my days in meetings. We have 2 weeks of professional development before school starts back for students. Although, we do get quite a bit of classroom work/lesson planning time built into that schedule. ...which is nice because that will give me time to meet with teachers about our shared students and to also start meeting with parents to start IEPs for the year...



I’m currently saving money by bringing my lunch this week, instead of ordering in from somewhere. It might be sandwiches most days because that's quick and easy. But hey... Nothing wrong with that ;)

Yes, I could totally afford to order delivery if I wanted to. But this is quicker/easier....

 And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a couple more :)

I'm currently reminiscing about some of the fun summer memories I made. It was a busy summer, full of traveling, speaking at churches, hanging out with family, visiting friends and mission supporters, and stocking up on all sorts of American essentials. Busy and tiring... But it was such a nice summer. It really, truly was.


I'm currently planning to celebrate my birthday on Friday with some friends. Yay for birthdays!


I'm currently buying groceries and things, trying to re-stock my fridge and cabinets. Well... I did that this past weekend. Ironically, I did well at stocking the fridge/freezer. But I kind of forgot a lot of the basics... Flour, sugar, that sort of thing. So I suppose I'll need to go again at some point this weekend.



And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! It sounds like you had a really nice summer, but that's good you're happy to be back and ready for the school year!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sunrise photo. Hope the transition into the school year goes well, and have a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home:) Looks like it was a beautiful flight...such a great photo! God is indeed an amazing artist! Here's to a great school year ahead. And- happiest birthday wishes!!

    ReplyDelete