Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Currently

Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 


September's prompts are...

  * beginning *  ending * loving * picking * posting *

I'm currently beginning my newest grad school class, which is on human development/learning theories, from a Christian perspective. Just reading ahead a bit in my textbook has shown me that I'm going to enjoy this one. I'm also enjoying the fact that this is my next to last class before finishing this degree...


I'm currently ending each day, by looking back over the course of the day and making a list of the seemingly little things that made me smile. Things like a funny story from one of my students or a sweet note given to me from a friend or pretty flowers in this often sandy/dusty place I call home... 


I'm currently loving yesterday's lunch/dinner. There's a local Lebanese restaurant we can order lunch delivery from during the week. They make the best hummus. So I got a large enough container at lunch to give me leftovers for dinner as well. Add in the pita bread they send with it and some fresh veggies from home, and it's delicious perfection :)


I'm currently picking this as my "theme" of this school year. Because when I keep this perspective, I'm focused on the One who called me, who equipped (and is still equipping) me, who gives me grace and guidance every single day... When I keep this perspective, I'm focused on my students and the true blessing it is to be their teacher.


I'm currently posting (or rather, I posted) these pictures... I took them yesterday when I got to school. The rain might be a pain at the moment. But I'm loving how this time of year, the sky is so bright blue and the grass/trees are so nice and green. It's all so beautiful and a good reminder of how God is the Master Artist.



And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your grad school class! I love the theme for your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your grad school class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hummus!! But all hummus is not created equal - ha! Sounds like a delicious lunch, though! Love finding the little things and thinking on them at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. This hummus is the best I've ever had. So so good!

      Delete
  4. Remember your why is a great mantra!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want fresh hummus like what I ate in the Middle East. It was seriously the best hummus ever!!!

    ReplyDelete