Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Currently

Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 


October's prompts are...

  * borrowing * buying * planning * prepping * reading *

I'm currently borrowing ideas from the internet for activities to go along with some of the various lessons I teach. Ideas like the one below, for a fun (and tasty) way to visualize the different phases of the moon... 


I'm currently buying nothing terribly exciting. I did order a few things for my mom to mail in a package to me. It helps that my mom has access to my bank account. Because of that, I can order what I need/want, send it to my mom, and then pay the postage for it to be mailed to me here. But she can just be the messenger and take it to the post office for me. At any rate... I ordered a fun shirt and book for me, a small Christmas gift for my students, and a few other random things I needed, as well. And in a month or so, I'll be like Charlie Brown in the image below. And in case anyone's wondering... Amazon won't ship the majority of items directly to Senegal and the few things they will ship include an outrageous shipping fee attached to it, so it's cheaper to do it the way I'm doing it...


I'm currently planning to enjoy this upcoming weekend. Have I mentioned lately that we get a 4-day weekend? Because, while I do love my students, I am most definitely excited about the prospect of a long weekend and actually not having to set my alarm clock :)


I'm currently prepping lesson plans for the upcoming week. Or, at least, I will be  during today's mandatory work day. My goal is to do enough today and after our day of PD tomorrow so I won't have to do any work over the long weekend. We'll see if I can do that. Not having a planning period during the day means I have no choice but to work after hours (which is fine). But I'd really, really, really like to be able to take full advantage of the upcoming break and have some down time.


I'm currently reading through the book of Romans with one of my guys as part of his Bible class. I am loving hearing his take on some of these passages. And I love how well he's doing at going more in-depth, studying The Word and seeing how he can apply it to his life today.


And that's about it for me at the moment.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your long weekend and hope you are able to get your packages safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your extra long weekend and I hope you get all your prepping done ahead of time so you can REALLY enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your long weekend - 4 day weekends are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a long weekend! Those are the best. And I love that you're researching fun activities for lesson plans.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete