Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Currently

 Happy Wednesday, Y'all

I'm joining Jennifer from Overflowing with Thankfulness, along with a few other bloggers, and sharing a look at what's currently going on in my life. 

The prompts for this month's post are:

* loving * buying * prepping * borrowing * planning *



So what am I currently up to?

I'm currently loving that it's almost Christmas time and I'm loving the knowledge that this upcoming weekend, I'm planning to put up the Christmas tree in my classroom. Yes, it’s early. Earlier than I’ll have ever put up a Christmas tree… But that’s ok because seeing the joy on so many kiddo’s faces (and mine too - let's be honest) will make it 100% worth it :)

Christmas Time last year

I'm currently buying nothing. My goal is to buy my Christmas Break plane ticket by the end of the month, though. Here's hoping I can actually do that.

I'm currently prepping nothing really... We had our big fundraiser for our seniors this past Friday. It went amazingly well. However, it required a lot of prep leading up to it. So I'm kind of glad to not have to be prepping anything for a little while, to be honest :)


I'm currently borrowing this meme I found online, as a way of discussing what makes a hero a hero in one of my classes. We actually ended up having quite an interesting discussion on it too. So... Who's your favorite hero? Does Jesus make your list? ;)


I'm currently planning very little for this upcoming weekend. I think my brain is still tired from last week's super full (busy) schedule. I've gotten spoiled this school year, having such a better/less full schedule than I had the years prior. So last week was tough, y'all. Anywho - I'm going to put up the Christmas tree in my classroom Friday afternoon and then go watch our school's musical version of Frozen JR that night. And that's all I've got planned, besides church and lesson prep / meal prep for the week ahead. 

And since it's my blog, and I can, I'm throwing in a few more Currently's...

I'm currently reading/studying through Genesis with one of my classes. We've been discussing a lot around Creation and science and evolution and all sorts of interesting-ness. I love reading God's Word and seeing proof, over and over again, to back up why I believe what I believe. I love that God gives us this proof in His Word and makes it abundantly clear.

I'm currently nursing a sore foot (actually it's my heel/achilles?). It's been hurting for a week or so. Then this weekend, it got way worse. It's not as awful as this weekend, but still annoyingly painful, and it appears that I'll probably need to continue babying it for at least a few more weeks. I mean, I live with a somewhat constant bit of dull pain, so I'm used to that. But this pain was new and so not fun. I talked with a doctor friend in the US and per her instructions, I'm taking meds and doing some stretches that should help it. And I'm also propping it up and icing it as much as I can.  Y'all... My poor feet. When I fell 3.5 years ago, I did a number on both of them and I don't think they'll ever be back to normal :(

I'm currently trying to focus my heart/mind into more of an attitude of gratitude lately. Trying to look at the seemingly little things (or sometimes big things) in my day that I'm thankful for... Things I sometimes take for granted. So when I get frustrated/annoyed, instead of focusing on that, ideally, I'll do better at focusing on the good. I don't always succeed. But I'm trying.


So what about you?

What are you currently up to? 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your plane ticket! I bet the kids will love seeing the tree up and decorated so early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your plane ticket at a reasonable price! I'm sure the kids will love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you...trying to focus my heart, my thoughts and my attitude on gratitude. Of course, the minute I do...the enemy works overtime to get me grumbling and complaining!! Ugh. Hope the kids love the tree and that your heel is feeling 100 percent soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been loving these November weeks of way fewer plans and not much going on. It's a lovely break between the craziness of our October and the fullness which December will hold.

    ReplyDelete