Happy Wednesday, Y'all
Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives.
So let's get started...
Mom and I visited Flying Dolly's the other day. It's a snack shop style restaurant that sells sno cones, ice cream, and other random snacks. I went for a snow cone of course and y'all... It was so good and perfect for these Fall temps that feel much more like Summer than Fall!
What am I reminiscing about?
I was at Publix one day last week, checking out their BOGO deals and happened to see a good crusty baguette in the bakery section. So, of course, I had to go get some of the real (good) butter to enjoy with it, as well. The taste of good French bread with President butter takes me back to Senegal. And some of those late nights when I was working on my Masters programs (yes - both of them) and of course, my snack on many of those nights was good bread with good butter. So while I may not buy it often since President butter costs way too much here in Alabama, I did have to get some for old time's sake the other day :)
What am I loving?
I’m loving Fall being here, even if it is still pretty hot because we're in Alabama and Fall temps don't arrive for a little while longer :)
What have I been up to?
Work - That’s basically it. But I did sneak away this weekend to go visit family. So that’ll be nice.
What am I dreading?
It may be Fall. But I do still dread going outside during the day/afternoon. It’s still just so hot and humid…
What am I working on?
Trying to do better at handling the stress in my life :)
Nothing
What am I reading?
I've been reading in the book of Proverbs for the last week or so.
What am I listening to?
I haven't been listening to music as much lately... I typically enjoy the silence on my drive home from work each day.
What am I wearing?
Yesterday was World Smile Day so all of our staff wore shirts with smiles.
What am I doing this weekend?
My niece is having her birthday party this weekend. So, after work yesterday, I headed up to spend the weekend with my brother, sister-in-law, and nieces. I'm looking forward to seeing my people and celebrating one of my favorites :)
What am I looking forward to next month?
We have some pumpkin/Fall themed fun planned in our room. So I’m looking forward to that. I’m not a fan of Halloween and will be glad when all the spooky/scary stuff is over on social media/tv. But I do love the fun parts of it when working with kids.
Favorite recent Amazon find?
I ordered this cup off Amazon last weekend. I've been wanting it for a while, but I just couldn't justify paying full price for it. It was just too much in my mind. Then, thanks to a couple returns I had to make, I ended up only have to pay like $12 for it. Win for me! :)
What's new this month?
What are YOU up to this month?











No comments:
Post a Comment