Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 2010

Welcome to the January 2010 Installment of the Elisabeth Chronicles. It’s hard to believe that it’s already been a month since I last wrote! This past year has been amazing. It’s been a year full of changes and adjustments, for sure. But it’s also been a year full of learning and blessings.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So far, we are 20 days into the new year, and I’ve stuck to my one New Year’s resolution. I’m keeping a journal, entitled “A Year of Thanks.” Every day I write down at least one thing I’m thankful for, sometimes adding in meaningful scripture verses or quotes. And I’ve noticed how much better my attitude becomes when I start listing things I’m thankful for. My mood lifts. I smile. I realize how grateful I really am to God and how I take so many things for granted.

I also asked my third graders to list things they were thankful for from 2009So now, for your laughing pleasure, here are some of the funniest things they came up with…

• I’ m thankful for having P.E. during 2009 because without P.E. life as I know it is over.
• I’m thankful for Christmas when I got toys and more toys and more toys and a pencil.
• I’m thankful for my family not having a dog doing you know what in the house because mom says you know what is hard to clean up.
• I’m thankful for learning to write in cursive even though humans don’t write in cursive.

Of course, there were some serious ones as well…

• I’m thankful for coming to a school now where I learn about Jesus since I don’t at my home.
• I’m thankful for celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus at Christmas in 2009.
• I’m thankful for my baby sister that was born in 2009 because I love her so very much.
• I’m thankful for God healing my mom when she had to fly to America and have surgery.
• I’m thankful that I am in a missionary family because I love telling people about Jesus.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Upcoming Events/Prayer Requests for January:

• January 29 – February 1 – I go with 3 other missionary ladies to Tambacounda, where we’ll lead a Children’s and a Women’s Service at an Assemblies of God church there. Please pray for safe travels (approx. 8 hr. drive on somewhat rough terrains). Pray for open ears and hearts in our “audiences.” Pray for courage and God’s guidance on ourselves, as speakers.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For those of you that already support me each month financially, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you do not, and would like to, please contact me at enichols85@gmail.com or call my parents at 205-225-0255 and we can tell you how to do so. Any donations you make would be tax-deductible.

Happy New Year from Senegal,

Elisabeth Nichols
enichols85@gmail.com

Don’t forget to check out my blog at http://elisabethchronicles.blogspot.com for more frequent updates.

Here is me our latest class photo (minus one student), taken the last day before Christmas Break.


Here's me with my family celebrating me being back for Christmas at one of our family's favorite places to eat -- Longhorn's


Here's me with my "baby," my beautiful lab, Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment