Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Box Full of Love

Yesterday I looked in my "mailbox" at school and saw a little piece of white paper that brought a smile to my face. It said I had a package and told the cost for picking it up. Since school was already over for the day, I had to wait until the business office opened today to get it. So, after I dropped my kids off at recess and French class, I went and got my package.

I went to the teacher's lounge, got out my handy dandy box opener (a.k.a. pencil), and opened it up. Inside were all kinds of goodies that my parents and brother had sent me. I had new earphones (...mine died a few weeks ago), Pecan Sandies (...only the BEST cookie EVER), pepperoni, Big Red gum, Christmas ornaments (for next year), shorts, a Valentine's Day gift, sunflower seeds, microwavable popcorn, and single serving packs of grits...just to name a few things. :)

This is a wide variety of items, but they each mean a lot to me. My parents and brother packed this random collection because they knew what I loved. They sent me things that they knew would bring a smile to my face. ...which did happen, of course. :)

This got me thinkning. When's the last time God received a "box of love" from us? I don't mean a literal box. I mean, when is the last time we gave God the things he loves...time in prayer, time in worship, time in service, ...just time in general? We should always be showering God with love. After all, he constantly does that for us. Why is it sometimes so hard for us to reciprocate that? I know I'm guilty of this at times...

No comments:

Post a Comment