Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Prayer Request

I'm writing today with an urgent prayer request.

I have been approved as an MA (missionary associate) with the Assemblies of God, pending my attendance at this summer's Pre-Field Orientation and also the completion of raising my budget set by the Assemblies of God World Missions Dept. This is where the prayer request comes in.

My budget is set into two parts: 1) committed monthly pledges and 2) cash budget. My monthly budget is $942 and my cash budget is $7997. And as of now I have only 18% of my monthly budget raised and 5% of my cash budget raised. Therefore, for me to get back to Dakar next August in time for the next school year to start, I have to have the rest of this money raised super fast. Plus, I've been having difficulty in my phone situation here. I had planned to use Skype to contact pastors and churches to set up services to speak this summer and to raise support, however, that hasn't been working. We've had bad power outages almost every night (when I can call -- 5 to 6 hours ahead of all of you), which has allowed me very little time to call.

Also, my situation is slightly different than most Missionary Associates, in the sense that I only have a little over a month to "itinerate" or speak at churches this summer (from June 27 to Aug. 1). I realize that this isn't a long time, but I know God called me here and I know this is God's plan. So now friends (and family), now, I need your help in praying. Please help me pray that I raise my budget in time for me to be back to start the next school year on time. Please help me pray that either Senelec (our electric company) cooperates and leaves the power on :) long enough for me to make these necessary calls or e-mails or that God makes another way for this to happen.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, encouragement, and support of me and my ministry here in Dakar, Senegal. It truly means the world to me.

-Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment