Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's up January


I'm linking up with MelSheaffer & Shay  for this month's What's Up Wednesday post.

Every month, we answer the same questions...


What am I eating this week?

I've been savoring all my favorite home cooked meals (and salad I didn't have to bleach) that I won't be able to get starting next week...



What am I reminiscing about?

...time with my dad. As I was writing out my notes for this past Sunday's service, I saw this picture, which I'd printed and stuck in my Bible and it really made me miss him :(


What am I loving?

I am loving having people coming up to me and telling me they are praying for me and for my ministry in Senegal. 


What have I been up to?

Packing! Oh and FYI... I so despise packing. Unpacking? I'm fine with that. I'd even say I love it. But packing? Ugh!


What am I dreading?

...saying goodbye to these faces this weekend :(


What am I working on?

I've been tackling my ridiculously long To Do List of things at work I must get done before my last day (Friday). Eek! 

What am I excited about? 

Where do I begin? Instead of making a really long list, I'll just say one word...

Senegal :)


What am I watching?

Has anyone else watched the new show, Superstore? It is hilarious!

What am I reading?

I have a stack of books to read in the airport and on the plane(s) on Monday and Tuesday. There's no better time to read than then :)

What am I listening to?

In preparation for leaving to go overseas, I've put all the CDs I've bought, since being back in the States, on my computer. And now, more than ever, I realize what a truly eclectic taste in music I have.

What am I wearing?

Right now I'm wearing all sorts of cold weather clothes and scarves and gloves in the mornings because it's been FREEZING here. I know I'll be missing these temps once I get to Dakar next week. But for now... Brr!!!

What am I doing this weekend?

On Saturday, I'm taking my nieces to Build a Bear for a "Zizzie loves you and is going to miss you so very much" present. Then my mom, brother and sis-in-law, and nieces are going on one last big family dinner. 

Then on Sunday, there's church, lunch with friends, visiting my aunt, a trip to the cemetary, and then savoring those last few hours with my Mama before leaving for Senegal the next day.

What am I looking forward to next month?


Oh my... I'm looking forward to teaching at DA again, meeting (or reuniting with) my students, helping out with Kids Club again, seeing co-workers and friends in Dakar, eating Senegalese food again, visiting Senegalese churches, and so much more.

And the special question for this month is...


I love me some Conversation Hearts. And yes, I did buy a big bag to take back to Dakar with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment