Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday's Letters

Dear Taz and Belly, You're who I'm joining today for your The Little Letter Link-Up. I often write letter style posts, so this link-up is right up my alley.

The Little Letter Link Up | tazandbelly.com

Dear Sickness, You seem to be hitting our school with a vengeance. There have been 20 to 30 kids out almost every single day this week with various illnesses. And in a small school, that's a LOT! Sickness, you're not welcome so feel free to leave as soon as possible.

Dear Soccer, You what I watched this morning. I've loved getting to watch my crew at their games. Sure, sleeping late is nice. But the joy of seeing how happy they get at seeing me there is the best part! * Well, some of them are happy. Some of the boys are far too cool to acknowledge their teacher's presence on a non-school day ;)


Dear Spiritual Emphasis Week, You happened last week at my school. I loved watching how much our elementary kids loved you! Thanks for providing a little extra time learning about our Heavenly Father, His Word, and all sorts of good lessons for our kids. It was great!



Dear Politics, I really try to stay out of discussions about you. But oh my word... Sometimes the ridiculousness that's going on and is being shared on Facebook is almost too much to bare. 

Dear Valentine's Day, You're Tuesday. I have some fun stuff planned for my students. I can't wait for that part. But past that, I could totally skip you. Just sayin'...


Dear Shocked, You're how I felt to hear about two schools back home who chose to take on my new class as their "charity" project. What a blessing!

Dear $1200, You're about how much a flight to the States at Spring Break time will cost. I can go if the money is given to me directly (not to the mission fund) and/or I pay it out of pocket. This trip would allow me to connect with those two schools (while they're still in session) and to connect with a few churches and other supporters as well. Plus, it would also allow me to bring back some of the supplies for the new class which would save me a LOT of money on extra luggage too. So right now I'm praying for a financial miracle! If you want more info on the new class or on how you can help, send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com

Dear Good Reminder, You're what the email I received from a parent yesterday was. It said, "Dear Miss Nichols, Thank you for teaching this new class at DA for the students with the special needs. My wife and I have prayed daily that a class like this would open so our family could be together as missionaries in Senegal doing what God called us to do. We have been waiting for God to open a door and this class you are starting for the special needs children like our son is the open door. Thank you." 

Dear Quote about Teaching, I read you one day last week and you've stuck with me. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up this month -- I am so excited to see this link party grow!! I love that so many people were already writing letters every month. I'm glad to finally have a place to share them all together. See you again in March. ;)

    ReplyDelete