Thursday, July 26, 2018

What’s Up July

Happy Wednesday Y'all

I totally goofed and forgot to post this yesterday. So I’ll say... 

Happy Thursday instead :)

Today I'm joining  MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating?

Chik-fil-a, of course :)

After all, in a little over a week I’ll be back in the land of no Chik-fil-a. So I’m definitely taking advantage of its delicious goodness while I still can.


What am I reminiscing about?

Memories in Dakar...

The 30th will mark the 9th anniversary of my arrival in Dakar, Senegal. It really seems like just yesterday, though... 


What am I loving?

This incredibly huge blessing of a gift...




What have I been up to?

I’ve been traveling around to various churches in my sweet home Alabama, sharing my heart for Senegal and for the incredible kids I get to work with. The support these churches and individuals have showered on me and my ministry have been so overwhelming. 


What am I dreading?

Saying goodbye to my family next week, especially these two lovebugs...




What am I working on?

Making plans for the upcoming school year with these 4 and the 5 new ones who’ll be joining them :)



What am I excited about?

I must admit... As sad as I am to say goodbye to my family next week, I am so excited to get back to Senegal, and start setting up my classroom for the upcoming school year! I have so many plans! I can’t wait!



What am I watching?

mostly just Food Network shows

What am I reading?

I’ve been reading through Hebrews a lot recently. Good stuff...



What am I listening to?

I’ve had my Worship Music playlist on shuffle while sorting through my purchases and starting the packing process. There’s something about it that helps push me to work harder. I love Worship music playing while I work!

What am I wearing?

I’ve worn this Africa t-shirt a lot this summer. It’s definitely one of my favorites.


What am I doing this weekend?

On Friday and Saturdays, I’ll have my annual Aunt/Niece “dates” with each of my nieces. They’ll each get the day to themselves. And they’ll get to pick the restaurant we eat at. And l’ll take them shopping for a new outfit and a new book or toy. And I’ll soak up every minute with them I can. :)



And then on Sunday, I’ll go to my Family Reunion with my dad’s side of the family. Then after that, I’ll spend the day with my mom and then either finish packing or at least I’ll get very close to doing so :)
What am I looking forward to next month?

My oldest niece graduates Preschool.
I leave for Senegal.
My birthday is the day after I arrive.
I can start setting up my classroom.
I’ll see my Senegal friends again.
School starts.
I’ll see my old students again.
I’ll meet my new students.

What else is new?

While my dog is definitely not new, her latest prognosis is new. Due to her old age and various health issues, we know she probably won’t live much longer. So I’ve been loving on her as much as possible, knowing she likely won’t be around the next time I come back to the States...



Then there's always a special question each month.

July’s question is...

What is your favorite summer memory?
My best memory of this summer is all the time spent with my mom. She’s been such a trooper, going with me from service to service, being stuck in a car with me and my music and non-stop talking, and providing needed road trip companionship/support. I have definitely enjoyed my time with her this summer. She’s the best, y’all!



And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?

What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment