Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Currently

Happy Wednesday, Y'all


Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

June's prompts are...

 
* feeling *  wearing * buying * craving * discussing *


So what am I currently up to?
 
I'm currently feeling such a wide range of feelings/emotions. I'm excited that Summer Break is almost here. I'm sad I won't get to go back to the US this summer and see my family. I'm happy I'll have lots of time to hide out in my apartment and read and relax. I'm nervous about all the COVID related issues. I'm exhausted from teaching 10-12 hour days for 8 weeks. And I'm also super proud of my students (and maybe even proud of myself, too) for rocking it at online learning. I'm heartbroken and disgusted by the current events happening in the US. I'm confused about why this hate is still so prevalent in today's society. See? So many different feelings/emotions...

I'm currently wearing masks. It's crazy to think how second nature it is now to put one on every morning.

I'm currently buying the textbooks for my Summer (July) and Fall classes in electronic formats. Or at least, I bought them the other day. My summer book was a little pricey. But my two books for the Fall were both super cheap. And since I'm a total teacher nerd, I know I'm going to enjoy reading them over the summer.

I'm currently craving normalcy. Whatever that looks like...

I'm currently discussing, or at least, I have been a lot lately at how crazy 2020 has been. It's hard to believe we're only just now getting into June. So much has happened in such a short time.


  So what about you?

What are your currently up to?

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, normalcy. I have been thinking about what things I can still do like I used to do them. I fell out of so many of my routines, and I think that was a bad thing. I am okay with a slow return to normalcy as long as it is a steady one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year is crazy. And the masks - how quickly that became commonplace. Our hooks that once held coats now holds our masks so we can grab a new one before leaving the house.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently feeling relieved that I retired from teaching recently. I applaud all of you teachers who made virtual learning happen almost overnight. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you wearing the mask! When it can just become a normal, everyday thing it feels like it illustrates a weird world, but also it illustrates how we can adapt and thrive as we care for ourselves and others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely feeling so many emotions. It's crazy! 2020 has been one devastating year so far. I hope it gets better.

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for summer break!! Enjoy all that reading, relaxing...and hiding out in your apartment:) Sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete