Wednesday, June 24, 2020

What’s Up June

Happy Wednesday Y'all!

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

Lots of sandwiches

They’re quick and easy and don’t require me to be on my feet too long to make them.


  
What am I reminiscing about?

All sorts of fun memories with my sweet Mama... I know I'm making the right choice in not traveling this summer. But boy am I missing not having the summer to see her like I always do... 



 What am I loving?

I am loving how sweet some friends and co-workers have been to me since I got hurt. I live on the 3rd floor of my building. And I'm supposed to steer clear of stairs. ...which means, I'm stuck inside for the forseeable future. I've been so blessed by a few ladies who have continued to deliver meals, baked treats, caffeinated goodness, etc. One, in particular, has made dinner almost every other day, delivered some kind of baked goodness each week, picked up random things at the store for me, hung out with me, played games with me, chatted with me, and let me cry it out when the pain or the stress was at an all time high. And both her and another friend have texted, literally, every single day, checking on me. This display of friendship has been such a huge blessing and for that, I am so incredibly grateful.



What have I been up to?

A whole lot of forced rest time, thanks to a "freak accident" on the last day of work before summer. Navigating stairs is slow, difficult, and painful. So I've been stuck at home ever since - except for a short trip to get x-rays and a meal at a neighbor's house (in my building). It's been nice to rest. But the restless soul in me is going stir crazy and tired of being cooped up inside. I'm so ready to get out and see people again. Staying home by yourself almost all the time isn't all that fun.


What am I dreading? 
 
Nothing really...

What am I working on?

My newest class starts today. So that’s one thing I’ll be working on for the next 8 weeks. Past that, I promised myself I wouldn’t work on anything teaching related until July 1. So I still have a bit more time til then.

 What am I excited about?

There hasn’t been any of the usual excitement happening in my world lately. I’ve been stuck inside, unable to go anywhere or do much of anything. But I will say... Hearing/Seeing how excited my nieces get any time we video chat is pretty awesome :)



What am I watching?

I binge watched all of Kim's Convenience and now I'm working my way through Friends at the moment. And then, I'm thinking about watching Sweet Magnolias and 9-1-1 next. Anyone have another Netflix (or iTunes) suggestion for me? 

What am I reading?

I‘m still reading How to Be an Anti-Racist. It’s such an intense/serious/thought provoking read. I’m having to take my time with it. 

What am I listening to?

Lately, I’ve been listening to a lot of hymns during my own prayer and Bible study time. There’s just something so refreshing about them, something so peaceful.

What am I wearing?

This boot for at least one more week... I go back next week on Friday to have follow-up x-rays done and have it re-checked by the doctor. I really, really hope he'll say I can start going without it. 



 What am I doing this weekend?

More of the same... Just sitting in the recliner with my feet propped up. I’ll probably be reading ahead for my class, too, though. 

What am I looking forward to next month?

Another month of not having to set my alarm clock very often still sounds nice. But more than that, I'm hoping that when I go back for my follow-up with the doctor, he'll say that my fractured ankle has healed enough that I could stop wearing the boot. Although, let's be honest... While I say I'm looking forward to that, at the same time, I honestly, just realistically do not see that happening... We'll see though.

What else is new?

I have some new artwork on my fridge now, courtesy of one of my sweet students :)

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful you have good friends to see you through this time. Here's to hoping to have good news from the doctor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha! Yes, I'm blessed with such great friends!

      Delete