Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Currently

Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 


December's prompts are...

 
 * baking *  decorating * gifting * hoping * sending *

I'm currently baking nothing. But I do have a chocolate chip cookie mix at home that's been calling my name. So I'm thinking I'll be making that this weekend... :)

I'm currently decorating very little this year. I’m not decorating at home (here in Dakar) since I know I'll be at home (in Alabama) on Christmas. But I did put up a few decorations in my classroom. I couldn't not do it. After all, my people absolutely LOVE them some Christmas decor. So who am I to deny them that bit of fun? :)


I'm currently gifting something to my students for Christmas. But at this point, I just don't know what to give them... Where's a Wal-Mart or Target when you need one?

I'm currently hoping all the details work out for my time in the US. If I’m being honest, the financial side of getting my ankle injury taken care of in the US is worrying me a little. And I know I need to stop worrying and just trust God. So here’s hoping my brain can do that soon... :)

I'm currently sending some fun Christmas cards to family and friends and missions supporters. Shutterfly came through with an awesome steal of a deal. So I was able to save so much money, but still end up with super cute photo cards.

 And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a couple more :)

I'm currently reading through the book, Wonder, with one of my groups. There are so many good life lessons to be learned through this book. Not to mention all the good English lessons to be learned as well...



I’m currently working a little each day after school, prepping sub plans for the beginning of next semester. There's so much to do. But listening to Christmas music is helping the time go by so much faster. And the peace

I'm currently reading the book of Luke as part of my own devotional time during the month of December. I love reading and rereading the story of Christ's birth. I'm a big fan of reminding myself of the incredible gift of hope we have as a result of the birth of our Savior.

And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

6 comments:

  1. Hoping all goes well with your visit back home! We lived in South America for a few years, so I remember missing Wal-Mart and Targets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Wonder. What an amazing book. Wishing you a great visit back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chip cookies are always calling my name ;-) I loved the book Wonder - looking forward to when I can revisit it by introducing to my son. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your students now, and your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope all your US details work out well. I'll pray that everything is easier than you anticipate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exciting you are going to be home for Christmas. I hope all works out! I loved the book Wonder - definitely full of great messages. I hope you find the perfect thing for your students!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with chocolate chip cookies! Hope you enjoy them this weekend! I also hope you find the perfect gift for your students. Are they into creating things? If so, since they like Christmas decorations, maybe you could make them salt dough ornaments with their names or the year on them, and they can decorate them more. I don't know if that's cheesy, but it seems easy! =)

    ReplyDelete