Wednesday, December 30, 2020

What’s Up December

 Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Can you believe 2020 is almost over?!


Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

I’ve been treating myself to a Coke Icee every few days. Y’all... This cold deliciousness needs to make its way to senegal. I’d be such a happy camper if it would. Just saying :)



What am I reminiscing about?

Christmas fun with our students... Our elementary kids decorated a gingerbread house. We did a few Christmas-themed activities, some Christmas history research, and a little Christmas coloring when our work was finished. We decorated bulletin boards. We listened to Christmas music while studying for exams. And then we topped it off with a fun Christmas party which included homemade waffles and fun Christmas gifts.



 What am I loving?

I'm loving the cool temps we're having in Alabama. It's definitely not cold enough for snow. But it's still much colder than it was in Dakar. And since I would definitely prefer cold weather over hot weather, I'm loving it!

What have I been up to?

Spending time with my family again for the first time in a year... Ah, this definitely does my heart good. I so love being with my people



What am I dreading? 

I wouldn't say I'm dreading my doctor's appointment next week. I'm honestly ready to get there and get some answers. But I'm still dreading the unknown... And even though I will do whatever needs to be done so I don't have to continue to be in pain, the thought of potentially needing surgery is still a little scary.

What am I working on?

Ignoring email



 What am I excited about?

Spending time with my Mama :)



What am I watching?

Very little...

What am I reading?

A couple days ago, I finished reading my 50th book of the year!



What am I listening to?

I’m still listening to Christmas music. It’s still Christmas in my world since we haven’t had our Christmas get together yet. 

What am I wearing?

All the warm socks and clothes and blankets... I’m freezing!



 What am I doing this weekend?

Church, time with family, and that’s about it...

What am I looking forward to next month?

I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on January 4th. I'm hoping that, at that point, I'll be able to have a plan on how to fix my ankle. Whether that's surgery or another route, I don't know. I just know something needs to be done. The travels home about killed me. 30+ hours of crazy intense pain and ankle swelling is something I hope to not experience again.



What else is new?

I met my mom’s dog when I got to AL. This dog is huge, y’all! But he’s a big ol’ baby. And he makes my Mama so happy :)



And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment