Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Currently

Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 



June's prompts are...

  * celebrating *  collecting * gifting * thinking * trying*

I'm currently celebrating the end of the school year. Let’s be honest. This year’s been tough. And I’m ready for Summer Break.



I'm currently collecting an assortment of boxes in my classroom, full of all sorts of fun books and games and educational tools we’ll be using next school year. Upon getting the news that our school’s shipping container had finally arrived, we joked that it was basically Christmas in May :)



I'm currently gifting a super secret gift to my student who will be graduating soon. All of my other students are in on the surprise, which we’ll give him later in the week. And it’s been super fun to see how excited my guy gets every single day about his secret graduation gift :)



I'm currently thinking about friends leaving... Such a non-fun part of this job. Just sayin’.



I'm currently trying to work without much use of my dominant hand. Trust me. It's not easy.



 And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a couple more :)

I'm currently counting down the days 'til I get to see my family again. I love my work. I 100% do. But y'all... I miss my family. And in case you're wondering, there are only 11 more days (from the day this post goes live) 'til I can see my family :)

I'm currently using up the food that was in my freezer and fridge and not buying new food. After all, I'm leaving in a couple weeks. As a result, I've had some unique/creative meals lately. 

I'm currently prepping to give final exams next week. When you teach as many classes as me, you have a lot of exams/final projects. I'll have 9 exams and 4 projects. Although, the exams are done and just waiting to be printed. 

I'm currently falling behind a bit in reading. But I'm hoping a whole lot of time stuck on an airplane and a lot of time on my hand this summer will help me make up for lost time.

I'm currently having trouble sleeping. My brain is in overdrive with all that's going on in my world. It just doesn't want to slow down when night time comes. But summer is almost here and with that will come time to finally slow down and relax a bit, and hopefully catch up on some sleep too :)

And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to relax and catch up on sleep once school ends too! I can see how your head would be spinning and making it hard to sleep with so many changes looming on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been sleeping that great lately either. I hope that changes for us both soon. Yay for being able to see your family soon!!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your surprise gift sounds like so much fun!! Hope everyone enjoys giving it!! And collecting things for next year. It's just what a teacher does!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope those 11 days go fast for you and that you get lots of good plane reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your surprise gift sounds like fun for everyone! It's been lovely to "meet" you here briefly - hope the days go quickly and you have a safe trip home to enjoy time with family!

    Visiting from Currently, at #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you've hurt your hand. And that super secret graduation gift is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete