Wednesday, December 29, 2021

What’s Up December

  Happy Last Wednesday of 2021, Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

My mom’s cooking - And here's the thing...I know how to cook. And I'm actually pretty good at doing so. But there is just something incredible about eating my Mama's good ol' Southern home cooking ;)



Oh, and I have enjoyed Chick-fil-a a time or two since being back in the States, too. So I'm totally counting this as well. Ha! :)



What am I reminiscing about?

My trip back to the States for Christmas Break… Boy was it a doozy. Flight delays, spending the night in the airport in New York, ridiculously swollen and painful ankles after all that traveling… It was a lot. But I was so glad to have friends with me, to chat and hang out with, and to laugh at the craziness of the trip. They made, what could’ve been an awfully boring time, so much nicer.



 What am I loving?

Being with my family and enjoying a much slower pace, and truly embracing the no work part of vacation.



What have I been up to?

I flew back to the States about a week and a half ago. So I've been spending a lot of time with my family, a bit of shopping for supplies to take back to Senegal, and celebrating Christmas. It's been nice. I must say. :)



What am I dreading? 

I'm already dreading the goodbyes/see ya laters that will be coming at the end of next week. Ugh, that is most definitely  not a fun part of my job.



What am I working on?

Nothing… I’m fully embracing the no work aspect of vacation :)



 What am I excited about?

I am no longer a student! Yay for graduating with my second Master's degree!! A couple weeks ago, our A/G co-workers in Dakar held a mini graduation party for two of us who were graduating. It was such a fun/sweet time, celebrating our accomplishments. I wrote a bit about graduation HERE.


What am I watching?

Very little 

What am I reading?

I read 37 books this year. At first, I was a little sad that I didn’t read as much as last year. But then I realized that number was still good. And I do plan to read more in 2022. Also, it’s not like there was a requirement of reading a certain number of books anyways :) Anywho, I found a good sale at the bookstore the other day. So I’ve got a few new reads to take back to Dakar with me next week…



What am I listening to?

Nothing new… 

What am I wearing?

It hasn’t been all that cool here. However, it’s supposed to drop to below freezing this upcoming weekend. So I imagine I’ll need all the layers and thick socks and all things necessary to keep me warm. It may not be snowing or truly freezing like in the northern US. But y'all... It is quite chilly for this not-used-to-the-cold girl. I’m not complaining though. I’ll take being cold over sweating any day. That’s for sure :)

 What am I doing this weekend?

One last sleepover with my nieces this Friday/Saturday… Then I’ll be visiting my home church this Sunday. 

What am I looking forward to next month?

I can’t say I’m 100% thrilled about having to go back to work and hearing that 5:30 AM alarm clock again. But I do miss my students and look forward to seeing their sweet faces again soon :)

What else is new?

Nothing, really…

Same ol’ Same ol’

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?

What are YOU up to this month? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your flight back didn't go well. Our flight to see my parents was cancelled and our trip ended up being 33 hours start to finish, instead of the expected seven. However, at least we spent our night in a hotel and not at an airport.

    I'm so glad to hear you had such a great holiday with your family. It makes all the travel hassle so worth it!

    ReplyDelete