Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Currently

 Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

currently Logo | Free Logo Design Tool from Flaming Text
January's prompts are...

  * anticipating * organizing * reading * resolving * scheduling *

I'm currently anticipating a long, semi tiring day. I left my mom’s house at 4:00 this morning (AL time) and I won’t get to my apartment in Senegal ‘til around the same time (AL time) tomorrow. Here’s hoping I can sleep on some of my flights.

I'm currently organizing nothing. But I have plans to be doing this in my apartment over the course of the next few months. Stay tuned :)

I'm currently reading my 1st book of the year. I also have a couple new books loaded on my iPad, ready to read on the plane, if I finish this one.



I'm currently resolving to embrace the concept of REST more this year. Physical rest and spiritual rest, that is…  My teaching position and my mission duties require a lot of time outside of my normal 7:00-3:00 job hours. Rest time isn’t something I have a ton of, but I’m going to protect what little I do have and use it wisely. 



I'm currently scheduling… Well, I should say, I’m currently reworking my schedule, planning out lessons and such, getting ready to teach the new (to me) classes I’ll have this semester. I’ll be teaching 1 new daily class and 1 new weekly class. That bring my total to 18 classes I have to plan for each week, not counting the study halls that meet in my room. It’s a lot. But thankfully, I have someone helping me with a few of those each day.

And since it's my blog and I can, here are a few more...

I'm currently feeling relieved to being done with grad school. I’ll still be busy with work this semester. But at least my nights will be free again. :)

I'm currently sitting at the airport, waiting to board my first of 3 flights, taking me back to Senegal. The goodbyes/see ya laters stunk. That's for sure. But at the same time, it'll be good to get back, to get back into a routine, and to see my people again...

I'm currently thinking back to all the fun I had with my family over Christmas Break. On New Years Eve, my mom and I introduced my nieces to the “candy cane game” and we all laughed and laughed as we played. 



I’m currently also thinking about my nieces. I’m so blessed to have had this time with them. 

 

I’m currently thinking, too, about their Mama and Daddy. They’re such great parents. And great people, in general. I kind of like them a little :)



And of course, in keeping with the theme…

I’m currently thinking about my own Mama. She and I both said, at multiple times, that this trip has been one of our best spent together. I hate that I have to leave her, but I’m so grateful for her support and encouragement for me and the ministry God has called me to do. She’s the best, y’all. She really is.



And that's about it for me at the moment.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. I hope your trip back goes smoothly. And CONGRATULATIONS on being finished with grad school! Whooooo hooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your travel is going well and it is good transition back to your home in Senegal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a smooth trip and that the new year is off to a great start there in Senegal. All the best with that full class load!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice holiday. Yay for being done with grad school. Hope you have a wonderful 2022.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete