Monday, April 19, 2021

6 Years

 6 years


6 years ago, my heart was hurting worse than ever before.



My dad had just passed away.
It was the day before my dad's 56th birthday.
It was only 9 days before my parents' 31 anniversary.
And it was hard...
So very hard.


Some days it still feels just like yesterday. 

And other days it feels like it's been an eternity.


My dad loved preaching.

In fact, he preached his last sermon from his hospital bed exactly one week before he passed away. Using Romans 8:18 as his primary verse, he reminded us that, though we may experience suffering and pain here on earth, we can trust in the hope of our Savior. We can trust in the knowledge that if we are saved, we will experience that glory that is beyond compare. 

 I am so incredibly thankful that his words are now etched into my memory. 

And not just that... 

I'm thankful for the love of the Bible he shared with me. 

I'm thankful for the model of Christian ministry he shared with me.

I'm thankful for the Christian heritage he passed on to me.


I'm thankful for the 29.5 years worth of memories.



 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



I've written memories-filled posts every year on the anniversary of his death, which can be found below. While still sad, it's nice for me to be able to look back and remember how God's been with me through the past 5 years...






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk link-up, where bloggers come together and talk about whatever is on our mind at the moment. And today, for me, that was a reminder of what happened 6 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment