Friday, March 8, 2024

Currently

    Happy Friday, Y'all

I'm joining Jennifer from Overflowing with Thankfulness, along with a few other bloggers, and sharing a look at what's currently going on in my life. The prompts for this month are:

* loving * looking forward to * planning * wearing * eating *

I'm currently loving the slightly cooler temps we've been having lately. Although, I'm sure I just jinxed us all by saying that. But seriously, y'all... Hot Season has drug on for a long time this year. So it's about time we had some cool breezes around here. Just saying :)

I'm currently looking forward to Spring Break. I love my students. I so love them. But y'all... Teaching during the time between going back to school in January all the way to Spring Break, which isn't until the very end of March/beginning of April with no breaks (unlike a couple that those in the US get) is HARD. It makes for a long long time. So yes... I am definitely looking forward to Spring Break :)

I'm currently planning out my next newsletter which will come out at some point in the next few weeks. I've got some big news that will be shared in this one. So if you'd like to hear my upcoming ministry update, let me know and I will add you to my list.

I'm currently wearing nothing terribly exciting. I did dress up for this first night of our Senior Cafe this past weekend though. Our seniors dressed up as various music genres. So thanks to my 80s girl t-shirt and a few cheap, neon pink accessories from Amazon, I was "80s Rocker." That was fun :)

I'm currently eating very boring, plain-ish foods and very little of it, since we're like 95% sure I have an ulcer (or at least, the start of one) or maybe some intense acid reflux. Partly due to gut issues. Partly due to anxiety/worry. Partly due to life and getting older and such. Partly due to other issues. It's also partly (well, more than partly) not fun.

And since it's my blog and I can, I'm including a few more currentlys in this month's post :)

I'm currently feeling thankful for a change of scenery while doing lesson planning this past weekend. There's just something calming/relaxing about sitting close to, and watching the water and hearing the waves crashing.

I'm currently enjoying looking back over the pictures and videos I've seen of this past weekend's Senior Cafe (a school-wide talent show put on by our senior class). It was such a fun weekend! I wish I could show you all the pictures I took of the kids. They were all dressed up and worked so hard, both in prepping before the event, during it, and then cleaning up after. 

I'm currently finding listening to hymns in the afternoons/evenings or when I'm working is a source of calm for me. There is just something so nice about these incredible songs - so many that were written long long ago. But they're just so incredibly peaceful.

I'm currently reading a book that I checked out from the school library. It's Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. I'm only a few pages in so far, but so far, so good. I'm hoping to be able to read a bit this weekend.

I'm currently gearing up for a busy day tomorrow. I'm helping with the proctoring of the SAT on campus in the morning. Then I'll probably bring lunch with me and finish up lesson planning/prep after that. And then we have a get-together with the other AGWM-ers here tomorrow afternoon/evening. But as of now, I have nothing but church and resting planned for Sunday.

I'm currently praying for God to move in big ways for my students - both current and former ones. Will you help me pray for these incredible humans that I call "mine..." Because whether I teach/work with them now or I taught them a decade ago, I still call them "mine" :)

And that’s about it for me.

What  about you?

What are you currently up to? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm belatedly catching up on my "Currently" posts. I am a middle school secretary and we now have three months left of school with no real breaks (after this Easter Weekend). I will have one day off in those next three months and yes, it's a long haul indeed.

    ReplyDelete