Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Unwelcomed 3 A.M. Guest

What do a roach, my ceiling, and me jumping on my bed have in common? Um…an annoying, embarrassing, hilarious (after the fact) moment with an un-invited guest that occurred at around 3:00 one morning.

My roommate and I had come home in the wee hours of that morning after helping a friend paint her guest room. I groggily showered the paint splatters off, changed into my pj’s and got ready for bed. Then I walked into my bedroom, turned on the light, and saw quite possibly the BIGGEST cockroach ever crawling on my ceiling. UGH!

I’m normally not scared of bugs, but WOW – this thing was HUGE! After some loud girly screaming and hopping around, my roommate came to see what was wrong. Breathless and no longer half-asleep, I shrieked, “Bug! Big one! Help!”

Now, what do you think my sweet and helpful roommate did? Yes she got me something to kill it with and a paper towel to dispose of it with, but FIRST, she grabbed her camera and took a picture of me in my 3 a.m. best hopping on my bed and freaking out like a little girl over this monstrosity of a bug! Nice, Emily. Thanks for that! :)



Anyways…My point for this post (past showing me looking like a mess at 3 a.m.) was to say this...

Think about roaches. They just want to survive. They hide for protection, eat to survive, and procreate to keep their species alive. We should be the same way. We should hide ourselves in the protection of God's grace, feed ourselves with God's word, and we must share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the world (keeping the Christian 'species' alive).

Now, don't get me wrong. If I see a roach am I going to let it live? Uh...NO! But, it does make you think. These annoying little creatures kind of have the right idea, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment