Friday, July 6, 2012

The 20th Dear _______ Post

Dear God, I want this type of love story. Feel free to send it my way any time soon. :)
Dear Answered Prayer, We received you this week when my dad found out the spot on his kidney was only a cyst and most definitely NOT a tumor, as we feared. PRAISE THE LORD for answered prayers! :)

Dear Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, You have taken up permanent residence in my mind this week, thanks to a two-day English/Reading lesson on you. And as catchy as you are, it's starting to get old. So feel free to leave at any time...

Dear Dakar, I've been pretty homesick for you this past week. But guess what... I see you one month from tomorrow! :)

Dear America, Happy Birthday to you a few days late. Thanks for being such an awesome country. Thanks for all you've awarded me as a citizen of your greatness. Thanks for being a place of which I am proud to call "home."

Dear Praxis Test, I found out earlier this week that I passed you. And considering I took you two days after I landed, was experiencing MAJOR jet lag, and didn't feel prepared (even though I had studied a lot), I'd say that's pretty impressive. So take that Praxis! :)

Dear Wal-Mart, According to Yahoo news, you celebrated your 50th birthday this past Monday. Thanks for staying around so long. You've been there, providing what I've needed, many times. I wish you 50 more years of providing one-stop shopping to the masses. :)

Dear $2.92, You're how much gas was a gallon when I filled up this past Tuesday morning after school. And just so you know, you made me very happy, considering just a couple months ago I was fearing it hitting the $4/gal mark.

Dear Chik-fil-A, You are something I crave often while living in Senegal. I was sad when I started my summer and realized there wasn't one near me. But guess who found a Chik-fil-A this past Tuesday about 10 minutes from the school where she's working this summer! Can you say happy girl? :)

Dear 1 Month, You are exactly how long it is, from today, until my birthday. YAY for getting old! :)

Dear Friend from Dakar, We spent the day together yesterday. We ate lunch together. We ran errands together. We shopped together. We got to sit at chat. It was just like old times. I'm going to miss that so much over the next two years while y'all are gone from Dakar. 

Dear Paul (...from the Bible), I've been reading a lot of your work this week. It's all things I've read numerous times before. But at the same time, I feel like my eyes are being opened a little more each time, allowing me to notice something new each time I read. I was having a pity party for myself towards the end of last week, but this week things have changed. God's opened my eyes to how a situation that is hurtful and seems really bad at the time is actually good for me. God turns bad into good and sometimes I think he has to give us a little bit of a shock to snap us back into reality, you know. Anyways...Paul, you've been what God's been using to teach me this week. So thanks for listening to God a few thousand or so years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment