Saturday, July 14, 2012

The 21st Dear ________ Post

Dear Family and Friends, Who wants to come visit me in Dakar? I promise you'd have a lot of fun! I'll be back there in August, so come on folks. Any takers? :)

Dear Aunt Whose Birthday is Today, I hope you have a wonderful birthday today. I hope you're surrounded by people that love you the most. I hope you are treated like the special person you are. I love you and miss you and wish I could be with you today.

Dear Blog Readers, Do you actually exist? I sometimes wonder if anyone reads these. ...well past my dad and brother, that is. :)

Dear Totally Inappropriate, You are how I'd describe quite a few of the movies out right now. I miss the "good ol' days" with movies the whole family could go to and enjoy. (...and yes, I do realize that probably makes me sound so old.)

Dear Cooking, I haven't done much of you this summer so far. But this week, I've made up for it and have cooked quite a bit. It's funny... Four years ago, when I moved to Dakar, I didn't cook at all. I joke with people, saying I could barely boil water. But I taught myself, with the help of some awesome friends, and now I absolutely LOVE cooking. It's my de-stresser if I've had a hard day. And honestly, it's just fun. I love it! :)

Dear Morning Drive to School, I really like you. It's still fairly cool out, so my car's lack of A/C doesn't bother me as much. I can spend time talking with God and listening to the latest praise and worship music on the radio. It's been really nice and I think I'm really going to miss this time when I leave in a few weeks.

...speaking of which...

Dear 3 Weeks and 3 Days, You are exactly how much time is left until I leave for Dakar. You are always a little bittersweet. It's hard to leave family and the USA behind each time. But I'm starting to get a little antsy. That means it's time to head back home. :)

Dear Life Without Regrets, You're what I'd like to achieve. I don't want to get older and look back on my life and say, I wish I'd done that differently.

Dear Friend from High School, I am heading out in a few minutes to meet up with you and your little boy. I'm so glad this worked out while I was down in your "neck of the woods." Yay for friend reunions! :)

Dear Pedicure, I really need you. I do. My poor feet have taken a beating thanks to the African dirt and large volume of walking I've done. I really think you're going to be my birthday present to myself this year. Happy Birthday to Me! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment