Friday, September 28, 2012

The 32nd Dear ___ Post ...posted a day early since we're leaving later today for Staff Retreat

Dear Internet at Home, You are FINALLY, after 6 1/2 weeks, working! This makes me a very happy lady :)

Dear Guava, You are my new favorite flavor of juice. You're tasty, exotic, and refreshing. Thanks for being you Guava :)

Dear Battery Inverter, I got to use you for the first time earlier this week. Thank you for allowing me the chance to finish my grad school assignment and also allowing my fan to keep running and prevent me from melting from the heat when the electricity went out. You rock inverter. You definitely do! :)

Dear Headache, I've had you off and on all week. Feel free to leave.

Dear German Boxed Milk, This is the second week in a row in which you have been mentioned in my "Dear ____" posts. That's pretty impressive. But Milk, that's because you are quite impressive. Thanks for being sold here in Dakar. Thanks for not being too terribly expensive. And most of all, thanks for tasting delicious.

Dear People that Overuse the "Like" Button on Facebook, Do you actually read the statuses (sp?) before you click the "like" button? I sometimes wonder if some people just click "like" automatically because they know the person. But you know, sometimes that's just not appropriate. For example, what if someone's status says... "Bob's sad because his grandma died." You probably shouldn't "like" this status. Or what if someone's status says... "Anna has had a migraine all day and it won't go away." You probably shouldn't "like" this one either. Be careful what you "like" Facebook peeps. Just sayin' :)

Dear iTunes Gift Cards, Thanks to you I was able to buy a few episodes of a really funny show and 3 books.

Dear Headphones, You went missing about 3 weeks ago. This made me sad, especially because I wanted to use you while at my mini vacation to paradise on Staff Retreat this weekend. BUT I found you yesterday. And where were you? You were in a drawer in my bathroom that holds toilet paper and other random bathroom stuff? Why were you there? Seriously... how many people keep their headphones in the bathroom?

Dear Worship Music, I've started playing you when my students are working independently. They love you! They request you often. And I can see them moving their lips, trying to sing along. And they still are doing their assignments...and doing them well. It's so fun :)

Dear 3:45 a.m., You're what time I woke up this morning thanks to 1) the power going off (...i.e. my fans going off and the sweat starting to pour) and 2) crazy loud claps of thunder and huge bright flashes of lightning.

Dear Staff Retreat, My fellow DA Staff Members and myself are leaving for you after lunch today. I can't wait. A whole weekend at a beautiful hotel with a gorgeous swimming pool, delicious food, times of prayer and fellowship with co-workers and friends, and (speaking honestly) best of all air conditioned hotel rooms.

And speaking of which...

Dear Air Conditioned Rooms, I just want to say that you are going to be so amazing. You are. After living for the past 3 years without you, going to these retreats and feeling your coolness is pretty awesome.

Dear Friends and Family, Anyone want to come to Senegal for a visit? It'd be pretty awesome. ...just sayin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment