Saturday, September 8, 2012

The 29th Dear _____ Post

Dear A/C in My Classroom, I just want to thank you for being awesome. Since I don't have one of you in my home, it's pretty nice to come to school and hang out in your coolness for most of the day :)

Dear Tooth Fairy 2 and The Lorax, You're the last 2 movies I rented on iTunes. Is it sad that you're both kid movies?

Dear Dessert on the Roof, My fellow apartment building dwellers, and myself, had you this past Sunday night. It's always nice to get together with co-workers, outside of the work setting, even if we did talk about business related stuff. You were a fun time of fellowship with delicious treats too :)

Dear Team USA Travel Mug, You're my new favorite cup. You keep my cold drinks cold and my hot drinks hot. And you're a great conversation starter too. :)

Dear Kenya, I know we seem to be going back and forth, but I might (just might) be able to come visit you in March for the ACSI Conference (a school conference). If the timing and money situation works out, that is...

Dear Internet at Home, You still don't work, which equals major sad face making by me :( Honestly, at this point, I'm starting to think that maybe it's a sign from God that I don't really need internet at home after all...

Dear Rain, While I love you and the fact that you cool things off a bit, I'm not a big fan of flooding. And it seems like you're coming more and more here in Dakar and near my home in Alabama. So I think you need to lighten up a bit. ...no more flooding, please? Thanks.

Dear Shady Shack, You have the most amazing hummus ever. I have tried and tried to recreate this deliciousness, but just can't seem to do so. Thanks for being a tasty and inexpensive lunch option two days a week when you deliver to our school. 

Dear Texas, It looks like I'm going to be visiting you for a few days in December while attending a missions event. I've heard so much about you. Now let's see if you'll live up to all the hype :)

Dear Memories, You came flooding back yesterday. One of our elementary students found out, rather unexpectedly, that she's moving away, prompting her and her whole class to be in tears over their friend leaving so suddenly. All I could picture was myself at her age and hearing that once again, we'd be moving. Then I'd have to tell my friends. Then I'd have to pack up all my stuff yet again. Then we'd have to leave another home yet again. This happened repeatedly, so most people assume that I "got used" to it. Yeah, not so much... And while I do appreciate the childhood I had. I really did have an AWESOME childhood. But this one small part of my childhood was hard. ...really hard :(

No comments:

Post a Comment