Saturday, September 27, 2014

The 118th Dear ____ Post

Dear Episode of Amazing Race Where They Were in Senegal, I was excited to watch you. I was able to point out places I'd seen in real life. I was able to say "hey, they're speaking Wolof!" And I was also unfortunately able to say, "that's why Americans have such a bad reputation...because of incredibly rude people like that team." Ugh...

Dear Senegal, This is the longest we've been apart since I first met you in July of '09. And I must say... I'm quite homesick :(

Dear Big Test, You're what I took on Tuesday. Here's hoping I did well...

Dear USPS, You've received quite a bit of business from me in the past week. 

Dear Way More Than a 40hour Week, You're what the teaching profession is. Anyone who says otherwise clearly has no clue! Just sayin'...

Dear Joy Dare Challenge, You're what I started this past week. What a fun way to remind myself of one of the Fruit of the Spirit! Love it!

Dear Missing Friends, You're what I'm doing right now. It's hard to go from seeing someone almost every day to only emailing/Facebooking. Boo to living so far apart now.

Dear Potassium, Apparently you got a little too low in me this week. Who knew?! I find it especially ironic that mine is a little too low, causing problems while my dad's is too high, causing problems. Come on Potassium... We need a balance here. 

Dear Bananas, I'm really not a fan of you in your natural state. Put you in desserts, etc., and I can handle you a little better. But since I know you're loaded in Potassium, I decided to add you to my shopping list.

Dear Peach Mango, You are my new favorite flavor if Dum Dums lollipops. ...so good!

Dear My Aunt, You've been staying with us for a week now. We have loved you here with us and are sad to see you leave today :(

Dear Fall, You've arrived! Bring on the cooler temps, changing colors, and pumpkin everything! You have always been my favorite season. And after 5 years of not experiencing you, I am over the moon excited! :)

Dear Bones, You started back this week. And in the interest of friends overseas who haven't gotten to watch you yet, I'll keep my feelings about your premiere to myself... :)

Dear Missionary, You're what one of my students told me he wants to be when he grows up. This kid is definitely on fire for God! 

Dear French, I miss hearing you...

Dear Pray For Them, I wonder if all the people talking about the atrocities done by many people of a certain religion have prayed for them. I hear so many Christians calling for us to "just bomb them all" and other natures of the like. Yet I've only heard one person say we should pray for them.

The same goes for Obama...

Dear Really Frustrated, You're how I feel when people are Christians, yet they have so much hate toward this man. I don't agree with everything he does. I didn't vote for him. But every day there are Christians on Facebook intensely criticizing him and saying "what we ought to do to him." Yet rarely ever is anyone saying we should pray for him...

Dear Blood Pressure, I feel you rising when I talk about the above two subjects. But you know... Christiansaren't  supposed to judge or hate. Yet every single day I see it. I just don't get it...

Dear Rant, You can be over now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Yes, Yes to the Obama comment and the praying-for-our-enemies comment. I have to hide some people on FB because I am so frustrated with their hatred. (Though it does make me laugh when my 'liberal' friends post whining posts about people complaining about Obama, because nobody held back on Bush...). Also, I feel you on the "40 hour" work week...ridiculous! Starting at a new school or position always feels like being a first year teacher all over again. Hope you can find your groove soon - I'm still looking for mine! :)

    ReplyDelete