Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday Y'all! This week I'm linking up with The Larson Lingo, Mix & Match Family, and Pinterest Told Me To for this week's What's Up Wednesday post. Want to join along? Grab the image below and add it to your own What's Up Wednesday post.

*List found here.*

What I'm eating this week...

My mom and I are still eating off of the food that many family members, neighbors, and friends have so generously given us recently. Between that and so many home cooked veggies in the freezer, we're set for a while :)

What I'm reminiscing about...

I spend most of my free time (what little I have) reminiscing about time spent with my dad. Dealing with this loss has proven to be so incredibly much more difficult than I ever thought it'd be. I know it takes time. But man is this hard.

What I'm loving...

I'm loving the generosity and kindness of family and friends. I love seeing all the different ways people have blessed my family and myself throughout this painful process. I love how God uses His children to bless others.

What I've been up to...

It's IEP time at work. OH MY WORD... Do you know a Special Ed. teacher? If so, give them a hug. ...or a gift. ...or a raise. They so deserve it! When these next 2 weeks are over, I plan to not even look at my computer for a few days :)

What I'm dreading...

Allergy season is upon us. I'm dreading the way pollen attacks my eyes and nose and throat. Boo :(

What I'm working on...

Have I mentioned how my time at work is totally consumed with all things IEP? Testing, paperwork, getting signatures, gathering data, checking this, double checking that, and the list goes on and on...

What I'm excited about...

...getting on that plane 4 weeks from today :)

What I'm watching/reading...

Since I've had to bring work home with me a lot here lately, I haven't had too much time for any of this, but I had to make time for 19 Kids and Counting last night to feed my Duggar family addiction :)

As for reading... I've started a book, Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker, which I love. But I just haven't had time to sit and read much of it lately. I'm hoping to have a little more time for that this weekend.

What I'm listening to...

I've been listening to the music in my "Worship" playlist on shuffle a lot lately. As odd as it may sound, I have been just craving worship music ever since everything happened with my dad. And you know, I've had God speaking to me so much through the lyrics of these songs. What a blessing they've been!

What I'm wearing...

Walking up and down stairs all day at work + comfy shoes = a lifesaver for my poor, almost 30 years old feet :)

What I'm doing this weekend...

My mom and I are planning to go to breakfast Saturday morning and then run some errands while in town. Then we're having supper with my brother, sister-in-law, and nieces. The add in church on Sunday and throw in a nap or two and before you know it, the weekend will be over.

What I'm looking forward to next month...

Guess what happens exactly 4 weeks from today... Yep! That's right. I leave for Dakar. 2 weeks spent in the place I've been homesick for every since I stepped on the plane to leave last June. I can't wait!

What else is new...

Not a whole lot. 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up! I am SOOO with you on the allergies! They are the worst! I just got my Duggar fix this morning :)

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Duggars! :)

      And thanks for the condolences...and the visit! :)

      Delete