Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What's Up November

Today I'm linking up with MelShay, and Sheaffer for this month's What's Up Wednesday post. Normally, we wait 'til the last Wednesday of the month, but with the holidays coming up and most people's lives getting super crazy, the hosts thought doing it before Thanksgiving would be a better idea. So without further ado...

 


Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

Today is Turkey Bowl at my school, complete with American food, American football, and lots of fun. Then tomorrow is our AGWM Thanksgiving meal. So deliciousness will definitely be a theme of this week. Past that, a friend gave me the gift of my favorite cake mix and frosting, so I made cupcakes to share with my 5th graders :)



What am I reminiscing about?

The South Alabama vs Navy game that happened about this time two years ago... It was a fun Daddy Daughter date...one of our last ones. He was already in a wheelchair by that point and could only use his walker for very short distances. I remember that even though he was so cold and worn out by the end, he had the best time. Oh, what special memories I have from that trip and that ball game. Oh and P.S. Navy won! :)



What am I loving?

I'm still loving these 16 kids I call mine. They make my life so fun :)



What have I been up to?

I've been studying for my Global University/Berean/AG Ordination courses. Since I have some time off from school this week, I'll have lots of time to study. I truly do love these courses. I've learned so much the last few years while taking them. And I'm so close to being finished (April '17). Next up after that, will be a big test and an interview and somehow finding a way to make it back for my Ordination ceremony in 2018. ...which is difficult while teaching, since it's during a busy time of the school year and flights are ridiculously expensive. But we'll see...


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

What am I dreading?

Honestly... There's nothing I'm really dreading.

Related image

What am I working on?

I'll soon be starting to raise funds to help buy supplies for my class next year. Since it's a new class forming at my school, we're starting basically completely from scratch. That means I need a LOT of stuff. Anyone want to contribute to this? Send me an email (enichols85@gmail.com) and I'll let you know how you can help.


Image result for school supplies cost money

What am I excited about?

I'm excited about the news in my latest update letter. If you'd like to get my update letters, either comment on this post or send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com.. Seriously, y'all... You don't want to miss out on this awesomeness! :)



What am I watching?

My class earned a reward this week, but since it's a bit too crazy this week, we all decided to wait until next week to cash it in. So, it looks like we'll be watching Finding Dory one day next week. I still haven't seen it. So I'm excited too :) 


Related image

What am I reading?

I made a lofty goal of reading 30 books by the end of the year. Yeah, that was a joke. I became the chair of a committee, adding a bit more planning/emailing on to my plate. I was approved to start a new class/have a new position next year. So when I'm finished with 5th grade prep each evening, I try to do a bit of research/planning for that. And there are about a half dozen other things going on right now too. So, 30 was CRAZY. At this point, if I get 2 read, I'll be doing good :)

What am listening to?

We're practicing for our Elementary Christmas program every day this week and next week, too, preparing for our big performances at the end of next week. It's a super cute program. But oh my word... Those songs are stuck in my head :)


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

What am I wearing?

This past Monday I went some co-workers and I were invited to a big reception, celebrating Oman's Independence Day. Because one of the Omani Ambassador's sons is in my class, I got invited. But what do you do if you're invited to a fancy schmancy event and you literally have nothing fancy schmancy to wear? You have a beautiful dress made (thank you inexpensive tailor!) and borrow dressy shoes and jewelry from a friend (thanks Elaine)! Y'all, I was so very happy with my dress! I need some other fancy schmancy events to go to now! :)


 Displaying IMG_9928.JPG
What am I doing this weekend?

It's Thanksgiving Break at school. So I'll be enjoying days and days of sleeping late, and not having to hear an alarm go off in the mornings. Past that, I'll be spending time studying for my Berean courses, prepping for 5th grade, writing an exciting new missions update letter, and researching/planning ahead for next school year. And I'm sure I'll go somewhere/do something at some point in the middle of all that ;)


Image result for Thanksgiving break!

What am I looking forward to next month?

So much... But one of my top things is seeing my favorites again :)


What else is new?

...not a lot :)


And then each month, there is a special question for the month.

This month's question is...


What's your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?


Honestly, I love just getting together with family (or "pretend" family while overseas), spending time with each other, fellowshipping and eating good food. I also love introducing my students, many for the first time, to the history of Thanksgiving.


Displaying IMG_9903.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment