Sunday, November 6, 2016

Q & A

What's been the highlight of the last week?

There have been a few... 1) Kids Club this week was a lot of fun. We learned about the Sword of the Spirit, sang fun songs, did a fun craft, laughed at Ms. Nichols' sharing the Bible story, and played a fun game. The kids were so excited the whole time. And of course, that made me excited! 2) My 5th Graders did presented their Science projects to our Kindergarten and 1st Grade classes on Thursday. I was so proud of all of the hard work they'd put into them. And it was so sweet watching the little ones enjoying the presentations too. 3) I don't know if you heard, but the Cubs won the World Series. So, I mentioned to my kids we should have a party. And one boy said, "We could have CUBcakes." And thus, a super fun party complete with CUBcakes and a trivia game about 1908 America was held on Friday in our classroom. :)







Read any good books lately? 

I have a stack I checked out from the library last week. My goal is to start reading more. I have a problem where my phone likes to be glued to my hand. And it's not good for my sleep schedule. Books, on the other hand... No. Seriously, I do want to read more. So I'm setting a goal for myself to read 30 books by the end of the year. Crazy? Perhaps. But hey... Why not live dangerously? :) I'll probably be blogging about this later in the week.


How early do you decorate for Christmas?

I typically wait until after Thanksgiving is over. I do love me some Fall. So I like decorating for it first. Plus it just feels weird to me to decorate for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving. But with that said, I will totally listen to Christmas music all year long. So who am I to judge folks for decorating for Christmas early? :)

Show off some recent creativity.

My kids made scrolls the other day as part of their Bible lesson. They had to choose a verse from Jeremiah 17 (which we had read in class) and then write and illustrate it on their scrolls. When they finished, they asked if they could show off their scrolls. Who am I to argue? :)


How was yesterday?

Good... I watched some of our kids, staff, and parents play softball. I did a little work in my classroom. I took a nap. I made a delicious dinner of lemon pepper chicken strips, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas, turnip greens (hello can from America!), and good cornbread (the REAL Southern non-sweet cornbread). Yum!



What about today?

I have a cold. I woke myself up coughing and sneezing. Trust me. It wasn't pretty. I was looking forward to church, but because I couldn't go 2 minutes without a coughing/sneezing fit, I decided to stay home and take some meds. After I slept for a few more hours, I woke up, made some breakfast, listened to a Church of the Highlands podcast, and even watched a movie, I felt human again. I still have a cough and I'm all stuffed up. But I don't have a fever and I really really don't want to write sub plans for tomorrow, so...

What's made you laugh recently?


A friend sent me the following quote/meme. And FYI - It is meant to be funny. So don't judge. Just laugh. :)



Show us your go-to hairstyle.

Typically in this heat, I wear it in a ponytail every single day. But since I have AC in my classroom, I can handle it down a little more. So I usually start the day with it down. Of course, by the end of the day, it's usually back up in a ponytail.

 


What's the weather like?

It's hot and humid for most of the day. But we've been having some nice, cool breezes lately. I'd like to think Cool Season is coming. But I don't want to jinx anything :)


If money were no object, would you still have the same job?

I'm sure my job would include ministry and teaching in some way...


What's been for dinner this week?

M - Taco Soup

T - Chicken & Dumplings and Salad
W - Stir Fry with Steak and Veggies with Rice
Th - Hamburgers
F - Pizza and Salad
S - Chicken, Black Eyed Peas, Turnip Greens, Mashed Potatoes, Cornbread

The best part? I only had to cook 2 of those meals. Yay for friends :)


Current Frustration(s)?

At this very moment, it's that Skype isn't cooperating. My mom doesn't have internet at home. So I have to call her on the phone. Since it's super expensive to do so, someone gave me a Skype gift card for my birthday. (YAY for gifts like that!) Anyways... I can use that as a more inexpensive option for calling her phone. But lately, Skype is worse than a cell phone in a bad service area, with horrible quality. And it's super frustrating because I really really need (well, not need...more like want, but still...) to talk to my mom about something and Skype is being STUPID at the moment. 





Finish this sentence. Sometimes I wish life were ______ .

easier, but then I suppose it'd be boring. Don't you think? :)


What's the last advice you received?

Pray about it.

Last time you were sick?


I have a cold at the moment. Sneezing, coughing, fun times...

Last movie you watched?

I finally watched The Martian this afternoon. I loved the storyline! ...could've done without the language in it, though.

Anything exciting happening in your life?

At this very moment, no. I do have some exciting lessons and activities planned for my students for this coming up week though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment