Monday, January 30, 2017

Letters

Dear Lesson Planning, You’re so much more enjoyable while sitting on the couch in my PJ’s and comfy slippers, sipping on a Dr. Pepper. Just sayin’ :)

 

Dear Bacon, Brie, and Apricot, Who knew you’d make a delicious combination?

 

Dear Writing, You’re one of the few creative abilities I have. Thanks for giving me a fun, almost therapeutic outlet in life.

Dear Kids Club, You started back this past Wednesday. I love that I get to be a part of your awesomeness. Thanks for giving our youngest students an extra opportunity to learn more about our Savior each week. What a blessing you are to so many (including me)!

   

Dear My Heart Melted, You’re what happened when a sweet first grader, new to our school, grabbed my hand during our game and said, “Excuse me, Miss Teacher, I wanna hold your hand please.”

 

Dear This Girl, Thanks for being a sweet friend and for making this weekend so much fun :)

 

Dear Good Meeting, You’re what I had the other day with someone regarding potential new students at our school. And a bonus of the meeting was finding out this man has ties to Alabama. What a small world!

Dear Discouragement, Unfortunately, you are what I felt not long after that meeting. It’s hard to go from such an extreme high to an almost immediate extreme low. My biggest prayer for this new class is that all the details fall into place. God knows what/who we need when we need them. I pray that I can prove the doubters wrong. Because the discouragement being sent my way is so not cool. Just saying…

 

Dear Reading, I’ve done quite a bit of you lately. In fact, you’ll be discussed here on my blog on Wednesday when I share the books I’ve read this month. It looks like my New Year’s goal (link) of reading more books will definitely be one I’ll meet.

Dear Donald Trump, You are now officially our president. I’m praying that you do a good job for our country. I know a lot of people don’t consider themselves to be big fans of you. But personally… I think they need to all just take a step back and realize you are indeed our president now. And if we call ourselves Christian, then we have a biblical mandate to pray for you and to respect you. It’s as simple as that.

Image result for 1 Timothy 2:2

Dear Christians, Quit calling yourself a Christian and then turn right around and consistently spout out how much you hate different groups of people. How does that help the name of Christianity? How does that help Christians? You want to know something? It doesn’t help at all. So please… Please stop.

Dear World Inhabitants, Can’t everybody just get along? Am I daydreaming to wish this were a reality?

Image result for quote Why can't we all just get along

No comments:

Post a Comment