Monday, January 23, 2017

What's in my Bag

 

 I know you're all dying to know what was in my bag on Sunday. 

You were. I can tell :)

In all seriousness, when I got home and wondered why my shoulder felt like it was about to separate from my body, I realized it was because of my bag.

Y'all, it was completely full.

 

See. Completely full.

I love this bag. It was a Christmas present I bought for myself at a little artisanal sale we had at my school back in November. I love it!

 

It's green, has elephants on it, and clearly can hold a LOT of stuff. 

What more could I want in a tote bag? :)

Anywho. Back to the contents...

This is the fullest it had ever been. And I promise I didn't do that on purpose for this post. This post was born out of the shock of carrying this heavy thing home Sunday. I just couldn't believe how much it held. I still can't believe it...

 

So let's take a look at what was inside.

First up are the textbooks. These are my teacher's editions of our Bible, math, science, and reading/language arts textbooks. My goal has been to plan a bit ahead each weekend, trying to get a basic lesson plan done through Spring Break. I say "basic" because my plans vary at times due to random schedule changes, issues in class, students not mastering a certain lesson right away, etc. But if I can at least get the basic plans done, then that'll be a huge help. You know...

 

Next up are my books for Kids Club. This semester we are learning about many of the parables Jesus shared. And we start back on Wednesday. I can't wait! :)

 

Next in my bag of stuff was the stack of electronics and accessories. My school computer decided to go nuts and stop working this weekend, so I had to bring my personal laptop to work with me. Then I had my iPad, the portable charger, my USB drives and adapter (since my computer doesn't have a normal USB drive), and a Skype card because I had to make a few phone calls to pastors back home, trying to schedule services for when I'm back in the US again.

 

The next group is the food stuff. I had my favorite UM (go Falcons!) water bottle, a pack of mixed nuts, some Tic Tacs, and a little pack of gum. Nothing terribly exciting here... :)

 

Then came the random accessories and such, like my little owl bag, some tissues, a bottle of ibuprofen (hello head/back aches that won't go away), two different ponytail holders, and my daisy print sunglasses.

 

And the last group of items included all of my writing supplies. I had my blue notebook that goes everywhere with me, my thumbs up sticky notes I use when grading papers, and all of my pens and lead pencils and even a random sharpie.

 

Oh and is this poop emoji pen not super fun or what? I bought a pack of these for a friend as a joke and stole one. ;)

 

And that was it. Again, I still can't believe that bag held so much stuff. It's crazy.

So what's in your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment