Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday's Letters

Today I'm joining Kristin for her monthly Little Letter link-up, where we write "letters" to all sorts of things, sharing a bit about our lives at the moment.


Dear Spring Break, You were packed full of speaking engagements at churches and schools, shopping trips to various stores buying supplies for next year's class, and time spent with family. You were quite the whirlwind trip. Thanks for working out so well! You may have been crazy busy, but you were definitely enjoyable. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, eyeglasses, child, closeup and indoor Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup

Image may contain: 2 people, people on stage, people standing, indoor and outdoor Image may contain: shoes, sky and outdoor

Dear Nieces, Oh sweet sweet girls... I love you two so much. You have no idea how proud I am to tell people that I'm an aunt. I love that God gave me the gift of aunthood. I may not have children of my own. But you two fill my heart with so much love and pride. What an incredible blessing you two are in my life!

Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting

Dear Mom, I miss you so much when I'm in Dakar. You really are my best friend. I am so very grateful for the time we had together while I was in the States. Thanks for being my roadtrip buddy, sermon/speech judge, advice giver, and so much more. Thanks for always supporting and encouraging me. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I love you!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup

Dear Professional Development Day, I was a little concerned about how you'd go earlier this week. After all, I landed in Dakar less than 12 hours before you started and I had major jet lag. But you know what? You actually went so much better than I was expecting. And  Thanks for being the perfect amount of time and accountability I needed to get a bunch of computer work done. 

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

Dear 5 Days, You're how long it is until the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death. It's crazy to think it's almost been that long...

Image may contain: 2 people, closeup

Dear Easter Goodies, I bought you while I was in the States and couldn't wait to share you with my 5th graders. Thanks for bringing a smile to their faces. ...which, in turn, made me smile :)


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Dear Google Translate, You're not always the most accurate. But sometimes you do what you have to do to help a child understand in class. Thanks for being such a helpful tool in class. I do definitely appreciate it.


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Dear Discussions in Bible Class, You have been pretty awesome this week in 5th grade. I've loved hearing the amazing level of understanding held by my 5th graders. They're such intelligent, deep thinkers. I've loved it!


Displaying IMG_3781.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment