Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Coffee Date

Today I'm joining Erin for her monthly Coffee Date, where we grab a cup of coffee (or whatever non-coffee-drinkers like myself prefer) and chat about whatever we want...


If we were on a coffee date, I bet you'd laugh at me. I'm drinking water, not coffee in this travel mug. I did have some Dr. Pepper this morning. But I'm trying to stick to a rule of no caffeine the rest of the day. Jet lag can be a pain in the you know what. So I'm trying to make sure I'm tired at night and will sleep :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably brag about that cup in the picture above. It supposedly will keep cold drinks cold for 24 hours and hot drinks hot for 6 hours. ...both of which are perfect for teachers! And I bought it at a Publix back home for next to nothing thanks to it being on a clearance shelf. So it was even more of a score!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I had an awesome time in the States. Yes, it was crazy busy. But God really blessed me while there. And I really enjoyed myself. I may even blog about it later in the week. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I actually thrive on routine and consistency in life. I love having a day off every now and then. But I do so much better when on a schedule. I guess it's a good thing I'm a teacher, huh? :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I've got lesson plans written, activities prepped, copies made, and even a fun treat ready for my 5th graders tomorrow. But I'm struggling with arranging their desks. You wouldn't believe the amount of thought that has to go into classroom desk arrangement. Seriously... It's crazy.

Image result for meme teachers arranging students seats

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death is in only 8 days. It's interesting how I can go long whiles and be totally fine. But then other times... Other times it hits me like a ton of bricks and takes my breath away.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that this may just be my new favorite picture. I was reading a book to my nieces the other day before telling them bye. Seriously... Is it not the sweetest picture? :)


If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably comment on how it seems like this year is just flying by. It's already the 101st day of the year. That seems crazy to me. It truly seems like 2017 just started!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I was having phone trouble, but thankfully got it fixed this afternoon. I'd also tell you that I never realized how often I use my phone to call/text/use data (without wifi). It's a little sad actually... But honestly, every single time it was work related. It wasn't even for "fun" stuff (games, Facebook, goofing off, etc.). 

Image result for meme phone addiction

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I've got some fun Easter themed stuff planned for my kiddos this Friday. I love Easter and I love teaching in a school where I share all about the goodness that is the true meaning of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment