Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday's Letters

Image result for it's saturday!



Happy Saturday, Y'all!

Today, I am joining Kristin (who just had an adorably beautiful baby girl, by the way) for her monthly Little Letters link-up, where we write "letters" to anything we want, as a way of sharing an update on our lives at the moment. Although, she may be ignoring blogging for a while longer as she loves on her new precious one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There are so many things I could write about.

But I'm tired.

So I'm sticking with just one...

Dear Kids Club,  

You started back this week.

 Thanks for being such a fun way to end my work day on Wednesday. 

We read this book.

Chameleon's Colors by Chisato Tashiro
  
We talked about this Bible verse...
  
 Image result for romans 12:2

 We played a fun game (which I didn't get a picture of since I was leading the lesson/craft part of the afternoon). But I heard so many happy little voices, recounting how much fun they had during game time.

We decorated chameleons to represent ourselves.


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting Image may contain: one or more people

All in all, we had a great afternoon.

Wednesday will be my longest day each week.

I put in a full day of teaching. Then I lead Kids Club. Then I go back to my classroom to do any prep work necessary for the following day. And it can be long and tiring. And honestly... At the end of last school year, I was even thinking I might have to give up Kids Club.

 But you know...

I'm so glad I didn't.

I'm so glad God allowed me to continue.

It's times like this one.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, indoor

There I was, sitting on the floor, surrounded by kids from so many different countries and backgrounds and families and religions and beliefs...

And you know...

Our number one, top goal in Kids Club is to see these precious ones grow closer to our Savior over the course of this school year. And as I watched them, so engaged with the lesson, listening intently, answering questions, and encouraging their friends... 

As I sat there, leading this lesson, I thought...

This is why I do it.

This is why I don't mind Wednesday being such a long day each week.

It's so incredibly 100% worth it.

So to wrap up this "letter," I'll say...

Thanks, Kids Club.

Thanks for the fun way to end my Wednesday each week.

And more than that, thanks for giving our kids yet another way to learn about you. What a blessing it is to work in a Christian School! Thanks for that reminder, as well.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment