Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Currently

 Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each
month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

November's prompts are...


* picking *  preparing * trying * feeling * following *

 


I'm currently picking out little "heart exploding" moments from my day each night before going to bed. Sometimes my job is difficult. Sometimes the days are long. ...so very long. And sometimes... Well, sometimes it helps to pick out - to remember - the good things from my day... If for no other reason than to make me smile and remember that those seemingly little things make all those difficult times and all those long days worth it.




Image may contain: text

I'm currently preparing 6 dozen, or so, chocolate chip cookies for our school's Youth Group that's tomorrow. Well, actually, I'll be preparing them after school today and tomorrow. 



I'm currently trying to incorporate more opportunities for research in my lessons and activities, as a way of preparing for big research projects coming up this school year. Anywho - Our current story in one of my English classes is on the Lindbergh family. So before we started, we did a bit of research to find facts on this family. My crew was so intrigued about this family and what made them famous.



I'm currently feeling so incredibly happy that our little class "family" is finally all together. Life may be busy and perhaps, even a bit chaotic at times. I may spend more time at work than I used to. But life is good. And this teacher's heart is both fully and happy :)



And since it’s my blog, and I can, here are a few more Currentlys :)

I'm currently missing my nieces. I'm so grateful to be able to go back at Christmas to visit them. And yes, I'm also happy to see the rest of my family too. ;)


I’m currently remembering THIS blog post I wrote 3 years ago, in which I shared about a dream God had laid on my heart. I'm remembering all the "no's" I received before that point. I'm remembering the prayers I (and others) prayed. And I'm remembering the immense joy I felt upon finally receiving that "yes." God has done so much since that day. I don't know how long I'll be in this role. But one thing I know for sure is I will continue to thank God daily for the gift of this class - something I definitely do not take lightly.





  So what about you?

What are your currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip cookies is a great thing to be preparing, in my opinion! And how wonderful to have a happy and full teacher's heart - these kids are lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so full of joy! Thanks for sharing your moments - now if you could only share some of those cookies with us too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so not a good baker. But give me a mix and I'm set. And oh my word... These were so good! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh chocolate chip cookies! Yum! That's great your students are enjoying research - as a librarian, that makes me happy. :) I'm glad you can visit with family for Christmas!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete