Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Currently

 Happy Wednesday, Y'all



 
Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each
month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

March's prompts are...


  fixing *  hearing * borrowing * feeling * recommending * 


So what am I currently up to?
 
I'm currently fixing pizzas. Or rather, my students, were fixing pizzas. ...the paper versions, that is. They seemed to really like this project. And I really liked how they had fun and most didn't even realize how much learning was happening while working. Pizza Fractions, for the win! :)



I'm currently hearing everyone say, "Oh wow. You're really sunburned." Yep, that's me. I honestly wore a sweater and a scarf, thinking I was being smart and protecting myself from the sun. And I did protect those areas. But I obviously forgot my face. So any part not covered by sunglasses is now a bright shade of red. I told a friend that I looked like a lobster and a white raccoon had a baby. And it hurts. Wow does it hurt. One day I'll learn...


Image may contain: Elisabeth Nichols, closeup

I'm currently borrowing this movie from the school library. I watched it with one of my classes. Oh my word... Y'all, it's been so long since I watched it. I honestly had forgotten about some of the intensity in it. We've had such good, in-depth discussions as a result. But yeah... It was a hard one to watch.


I'm currently feeling grateful for the concept of "even though," which I read about on the Velvet Ashes blog early last week and which I'll be writing more about later on here. ...once I find the words to write :) 



I'm currently recommending the book, Auschwitz Lullaby, by Mario Escobar. I read it last month and I'm still thinking about it. It was actually based on a true story, which I typically prefer in books. It broke my heart multiple times and was so intense, I had to put it down a time or two, as well. But it was still such a good read. And I would most definitely recommend it.




And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a few more...

I'm currently enjoying knowing there's only 2 1/2 more weeks left until Spring Break. Y'all, I love my students. I love my job. But oh my word, am I ready for a (long) break with no alarm clocks, no real plans, just working at my own pace and relaxing as much as possible. My brain needs the break. It so does.


Image result for my brain is tired, teacher meme

I'm currently working hard to keep germs at bay. I already used Clorox wipes to clean my tables/desks/chairs every afternoon anyway. But now, I do it even more so. Ah, Corona Virus... Please stay away :)





I'm currently thinking ahead to next month. It feels so weird to think that my dad will have been dead 5 years on the 19th of April. How is that even possible? Some days it seems like just yesterday. And I find myself struggling to even catch my breath at the thought of him being gone. Grief has no timeline. It's hard stuff, y'all.

I'm currently reading through the book of Habakkuk during my morning quiet time. It's been a good reminder of God's faithfulness. And I'm taking my time, reading through it slowly, as I soak in all God has for me at this time.

  So what about you?

What are your currently up to?

6 comments:

  1. I hope time flies until you have spring break and then it goes nice and slow. A break sounds lovely. And ooh sunburns are the worst. I hope you feel better soon!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gack, I am currently sitting next to a container of Clorox wipes myself - so many bugs going around town here, so we have been sanitizing everything. Those paper pizzas are so cute - what a great fractions idea! And thinking of you as the coming month brings memories of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your sunburn feels better soon! They are seriously the worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be repetitive..but, oh wow, you are sunburned! Reminds me (quite vividly) why I shun the sun. Way too burns in my past...I'll just hang in the shade:) Hmmm - and I'm planning a missions trip to Panama this summer?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that grief has absolutely NO timeline. :(

    I hate when people comment on sunburn. Like, yeah, I know. I can tell I'm sunburned.

    ReplyDelete