Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Y'all

It’s been a while since I shared a Friday Favorites post. So I thought I’d do that again.

Also - Can we just note how I’ve blogged very little this summer? However, this is my third post in this week, alone. I guess I’m back.

Anywho, time to get on with the favorites from this week :)

~ one ~



God, speaking to my heart will always be a favorite. I love how He uses His Word, old sermon notes, yearly Bible reading plans, sweet messages from friends, songs, and more, to reach me. I love how He knows exactly what I need to hear exactly when I need to hear it. 

~ two ~ 



Video chats with my nieces are always a favorite. I had a nice long chat with them and my mom yesterday. And that definitely filled my cup :)

~ three ~ 



My birthday has always been a favorite even if turning 35 wasn’t necessarily high on my list of favorites. I had a nice day with friends, m laughing and talking, eating good food, and just having an all around nice time. 

~ four ~

Reading is one of my most favorite past times. And I’ve enjoyed getting my fill of it this summer. I just started Book #25 of the year. I’ve read all sorts of books, mostly serious ones that required a lot of deep thinking. So I decided to give my brain a bit of a break :)



~ five ~



A friend shared this on Facebook this morning and I loved it. This is one of my most favorite aspects of God and of being a believer in Him. I love that I have the hope (confidence) that He will keep His promises to us. 

~ six ~ 



I can’t say I love wearing masks, in general. But these “hospital masks” have quickly become my favorite mask option. They’re more lightweight and I feel like I can breathe a little easier. Plus they don’t muffle voices as badly as the cloth ones. So I think they’ll be easier to deal with in the classroom.

~ seven ~



Sitting around, waiting for meetings is not my most favorite part of my job. But alas, meeting, are indeed a necessity. But meetings planning for the scheduling for my people is a favorite because the planner in me is super excited to finally be able to start prepping for the new year!

~ eight ~



I love that God has gifted me with friendships, over the years, people who take the time to invest in your life, help you celebrate the good times, and people who commiserate with you in the bad times. I’m thankful for people in the same stage of life as me, who understand the feelings I have. I’m thankful for those who speak life into me, who share funny videos, and book recommendations, and journal articles. I’m thankful for friends who have cooked meals and ran errands for me this summer when I was hurt and couldn’t do much for myself. I’m thankful for meals out and random excursions to various parts of Senegal. I’m thankful for those with whom I’ve had long talks about current “hot topics” in our world or theological matters or plans and daydreams about the future and all sorts of topics in between. I’m thankful for all of the people who have made me smile this summer. And while I don’t have a picture with them all, I am thankful for each of them. And yes, they do each make the list of favorites :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 Today, I'm joining Erika and Andrea, for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup and sharing about....


No comments:

Post a Comment