Saturday, August 29, 2020

What’s Up August

Happy Saturday Y'all!

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. Only this week has been a bit crazy with work. So I’m finally getting around to posting today...


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

I went out with a couple friends to a Thai restaurant a few nights ago. I hadn’t been in a while. But it was just as delicious as I remember. I love that we have so many tasty, inexpensive options for restaurants in Dakar! 


   
What am I reminiscing about?

This summer... It started off with me feeling utterly frustrated, due to a weird/freak injury on my last work day before Break - which also left me confined to my apartment for an entire month. That was most definitely NOT the way I saw myself spending my summer. And I had to work hard to fight off the pity party that wanted to take up residence in my mind/heart. BUT it worked out, as a blessing in disguise, so to speak. It gave me some "forced rest" time, which I desperately needed after a challenging school year, which included teaching online thanks to COVID restrictions in our country. Then, by July, I became more mobile. And even though I wasn't completely healed, I was able to get out more and have some fun with friends. I took another class, which ended last week. I read more than ever before. And now, here we are at the end of Summer Break. And I can honestly say that it's been a good Break. It truly has.


 What am I loving?

I'm loving the set-up of our classroom this year. It took a lot of time and hard work to get it done. Oh my word, did we have a lot of stuff. We already had a lot of stuff, due to needing it to teach kids from K-12. But then, since I'm the only Special Ed Teacher this year, we had to merge two classroom's worth of materials into one, as well. So yeah... A lot of stuff. But y'all... It looks so great! I'm so happy with my little home away from home.



What have I been up to?

Teachers started back to work this week. So I've been sitting in meetings the last two days, prepping for the new school year. I also had to lead a session on working with students with special needs. Thankfully, we set up our classroom before all these meetings started. So all that was left to do during classroom work time this week and next week will be lesson prep. And that's good, considering just how much lesson prep I'll need to do :)


What am I dreading? 

I‘m still semi-dreading all the unknowns in dealing with COVID-19...



What am I working on?

Planning for the new year, which includes stocking up on hand sanitizer and masks and all sorts of other things I never thought I’d have to buy. Not to mention, planning IEP meetings and planning all the lessons I’ll be teaching the first two days of school...



 What am I excited about?

Seeing my students walk through this door again :)



What am I watching?

Nothing... I need suggestions for something new to watch. Anyone have a recommendation for me?

What am I reading?

At the moment, I’m reading Kristin Harmel’s “The Book of Lost Names.” I’m only a little bit in, but I’m definitely liking it so far.



What am I listening to?

This one has been on repeat lately. Then we sang it in staff devotions the other day today. 




What am I wearing?

I'm still wearing an ankle brace and comfy shoes, as the cute shoes still cause my ankle to hurt too badly. I didn't think I'd miss wearing my dress shoes as much as I do. But alas, I do. Oh and flip flops, too... Major sad face on my inability to wear those :(



 What am I doing this weekend?

Spending time with friends, grad school assignments, IEP preps, and maybe even some relaxation as well :)

What am I looking forward to next month?

Students start back to school!

What else is new?

My latest class started this week. It’s all about Transition and preparing students with special needs for life after school. ...which makes me a bit sad, knowing one of my guys is graduating this year. Boo to kids leaving :(

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment