Tuesday, October 27, 2020

What’s Up October

Happy Thursday Y'all!

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. Except yesterday was a long one and I didn’t get around to posting... So I’m a day late.


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

I made a pot of chicken spaghetti the other day. And since I didn't adjust the size of the recipe, I ended up with a big batch of leftovers. And if that means I don't have to cook lunches/dinners for most of the week, then that's definitely okay in my book. It's too hot to cook all the time anyway :)


What am I reminiscing about?

This collage popped up in my Facebook memory feed the other day. It was my first class at DA. They were such a great bunch of kids. And it's hard to believe that they're out of high school and are n
ow "grown-ups." My brain still pictures them as the sweet little third graders that I came to Senegal for.


 What am I loving?

I'm loving the fun parts of being a teacher. I'm loving helping students reach those "lightbulb" moments. I'm loving helping students see their self-confidence soar. I'm loving researching new and exciting activities to solidify the various concepts and skills I'm trying to teach. I'm loving getting to know my people, hearing their goals and interests and developing a rapport with them as we work to best serve their needs. I'm even loving all the lesson planning and grading because it's showing me where my students are and where they need to be. I'm also loving the knowledge that one of my activities today will involve baking this fun cake mix. After all, what better way to highlight physical vs chemical changes? Right? ;)


What have I been up to?

Physical Therapy - Yesterday, I had my 4th session of Physical Therapy. At the moment, I am doing it twice a week. I can't say it's my most favorite times of the week. Because... ouch! Plus, I'm having to pay out of pocket until my insurance finally reimburses me. But I'm doing whatever I can at this point to try and get rid of this pain. It boggles my mind that it's been 4 1/2 months since I fell and hurt my ankle. And to be honest, the constant pain is taking its toll on me - physically, mentally, emotionally...


What am I dreading? 

The fear of the unknown is a little scary and dread-worthy. I wish I knew if I was going to have to have surgery. And if that’s definitely going to happen, I wish I could already know the time frame for that and how that would affect my work (my ministry). I wish I knew all the things right now. But as we all know, God doesn't always fill us in on every little detail right when we want Him to. Right? So I'll continue to wait and try harder to trust even in the midst of the potentially difficult and scary unknowns.

What am I working on?

My latest grad school class just started. It's on Inclusion for Students with Moderate and Severe Intellectual Disabilities. It's starting off well. I'm enjoying the reading (and learning). Here's hoping that enjoyment continues ;)


 What am I excited about?

I got a card from my aunt in the mail yesterday. That was pretty exciting! I love getting mail, especially if it includes a handwritten note :)


What am I watching?

I’m watching the temperature and humidity rise more and more every day. Hot Season in Senegal is no joke, y’all. 



What am I reading?

I haven't been reading a lot "for fun" in the past week or so because I've needed to spend that time reading/studying for the class I'm taking. But I hope to be back on the "for fun" reading train by the weekend.

What am I listening to?

A few weeks ago, the Worship Team at church sang the song, “Goodness of God.” And I’ve found myself humming it in my head ever since. I just love the lyrics to this song. 



What am I wearing?

Not orange... I can tell you that. Some co-workers and I were discussing the Blindside quote shown below. And I realized I do not own a single piece of orange clothing. Growing up surrounded by BAMA fans will do that to you, I suppose ;)


 What am I doing this weekend?

Friday is a half day of teaching followed by Parent Teacher Conferences followed by our school's Harvest Fest, where I'll be helping one of my students run a game booth. So I'm pretty sure I'll be ready to crash by the time I get home Friday night. Then on Saturday, I have a Zoom call with some of my fellow AG people. And other than church, completing this week's grad school assignments, and doing a bit of lesson planning, I haven't really got anything planned. So we'll see what I end up getting into :)

What am I looking forward to next month?

* Fun lessons/activities in the classroom
* A weekend getaway with my fellow AG ladies
* Thanksgiving
* Thanksgiving Break

What else is new?

I'll see my doctor again on this evening.



Oh, and in other news... I bought my plane tickets yesterday. So I now have a new countdown. Only 51 days (from today) ‘til I see my family again. I’m so excited!!



And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you get to see your family again!!! And I hope there is nothing but good news about your ankle. That's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete