Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Currently

Happy Wednesday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Jennifer from Overflowing with Thankfulness, along with a few other bloggers, and sharing a look at what's currently going on in my life. The prompts for this month's post are:

* loving * feeling * posting * receiving * seeing *



So what am I currently up to?

I'm currently loving the song, In Jesus Name (as sang by Katy Nichole in the video below). I said it in last week's What's Up January post, too. But it really has been such a great song for me, lately. I love the uplifting/inspiring words and the truth of Jesus that it contains.


I'm currently feeling tired. Anyone else with me? :)



I'm currently posting little. I did “post” the following on my whiteboard yesterday, though. Teaching isn’t always just sunshine and rainbows, y’all. Kids have bad days (teachers too). But there’s always a new day…



I'm currently receiving nothing new. But my mom's Christmas card did arrive a week or so ago. That's one of the perks of mail sometimes taking a while to get here. I can celebrate Christmas for a long time after it's actually over. And let's face it... Whether it's on time or late, it's always nice to receive mail ;)



I'm currently seeing a dentist. Or, at least, I will be soon. A co-worker is going to help me call at lunch today, since my French is not at the level it needs to be to even ask the questions I need to ask the receptionist at the dentist's office. Boo to tooth pain/problems. Boo to a big bill I wasn't planning on having (especially one before the next payday). Boo to a lack of dental insurance. Boo to the possibility of having to request Novocaine to be used for things that typically never need that request in the US. And boo to potentially having to take time off work (which is complicated enough, in itself, because as we all know, writing sub plans is a pain in itself). But hey... At least I have access to decent dental care here in Dakar. I do realize this could be worse :)



And since it's my blog, so I can...

Here are a few more Currently's for this month's post :)

I'm currently eating some delicious homemade potato soup (or I will be after making it tonight for dinner). And since I found bacon at the store (not always available here) and can combine it with the white cheddar cheese (never available here) which I brought back from South Africa, I know this soup is going to be good!

I'm currently thinking and praying through a lot. Feel free to say a prayer for me, too, if you're reading this post. 

I'm currently trying to do better about using my Bible app each morning before doing anything else - even before getting out of bed or turning on my light. I still spend more time reading/studying The Word later in the day, of course. But I really do appreciate the few minutes of peace that accompany this reading time as a nice way to start my day each day


 So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

3 comments:

  1. Praying your visit to the dentist goes well and resolves your issues, and about whatever else you are dealing with. Jesus knows. :-) Visiting from Currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also feeling tired and I am praying for you as you navigate the dental system.

    ReplyDelete