Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is almost upon us. It is hard to believe that in a few days I'll have been in Senegal for 4 months. Where has the time gone? I have so many reasons to be thankful this year. Here's just a few (in no particular order)...

1) I serve an awesome God. I just love knowing that! :)
2) I am living/teaching/ministering in Africa. Wow! How absolutely positively amazing is that?!
3) I have the best group of students ever!
4) God has made my transition into life in Africa a good one. There have been minor bumps in the road, but nothing major. And I feel those minor bumps have made me better in the long run.
5) I have made some really good friends in the teaching and mission community here.
6) I have so many wonderful friends and family around the world that support me through love and prayer and encouragement.
7) My French is getting better each week. I have a wonderful French teacher. And I finally was able to carry on a whole conversation (more than just a few sentences) with her.
8) Somebody somewhere had the wonderful idea to invent Skype. This invention has not only saved me a lot of money, but has allowed me to stay in touch with my family and friends even while living thousands of miles away.
9) Cool season is finally here in Dakar. I am sooooo thankful for this one! :) This morning (Nov 24) was the first day that I said "I'm cold" since I've been here. Now, granted, that feeling didn't last all day, but it was wonderful and I was very thankful while it lasted. :)
10) I teach at a school where I'm able to freely talk about God and post scriptures on my wall. This is so wonderful and still brings a tear to my eye when I think about how great this is.

Now...what are some things you're thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment