Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our Ticket in Life

This is a true story about something that happened to Corrie Ten Boom, the lady who protected and hid Jews in her home with her papa and sister, and was imprisoned in horrible concentration camps during the Hitler years.

As a small child, Corrie loved her papa. He was so kind and loving, and more jovial than the other members of the family. One day as Corrie sat on her papa's lap, she asked him, "Papa, what will I do someday, if a horrible trial comes to me? How will I handle it? I am afraid that something bad is going to happen to me, Papa."

Her papa said something like this: "Corrie, supposing I planned a train trip for you."

"Oh, papa! A train trip! How lovely!"

"Yes, but it is not time for the train trip yet. You will have to wait a few years, so I will not give you the ticket right now. You might lose it. When the time comes for your trip, darling, then I will give you the ticket. Until then, live for God and don't worry over things you can't control."

Just like this young version of Corrie, we are small children to our wonderful Father God. He knows when we are not ready to handle certain situations. He will make us ready in His time. He will give us the words to say when the right time comes. So don't worry, for the Holy Spirit will fill your mouth when that moment arrives. And this is your ticket, so to speak, to living for Christ. Each day has enough worries of it's own, Jesus says.

P.S. I got this from someone else, so I can't take total credit for this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment