Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Randomness

My mind is a great big bowl of randomness right now. How's that for a description? :) Anyways...instead of this being a one-thought post, I thought I'd list out the random thoughts I'm having right now. So without further ado, here is your portion of my randomness...

1. I am so very happy that I FINALLY caught up on my grad school work. I've been a little behind for the past month or so ever since some stuff happened with my family and it's just been building and building slowly by slowly. But tonight I finally caught up! YAY! :) And not only did I get caught up on my overdue tasks, I also worked ahead some and finished things due for the next 2 weeks! So double YAY! :)

2. I went walking around the field at school tonight with my roomie. Can I just say... I absolutely positively HATE going. I dread it. I grumble and complain to myself. But then it's like magic...I start walking and begin feeling GREAT! Then when I'm finished I feel totally AWESOME! I love it! Is that weird? Am I the only person like that...who absolutely dreads the thought of working out but absolutely loves the feeling afterwards?

3. I went to the fabric market with some friends today and found 4 (yes, 4!) different styles of fabric I like...for AWESOME prices, I might add! :) That never happens, so YAY! :) And I already have a dress style in mind I want 3 of them made into and I'm going to venture out of my normal outfit making realm and get (wait for it...) pants! (big gasp!) I know...I said I wouldn't ever do that out of African fabric, but you know...I'm really liking the long shirt/tunic look, so I think I'm going to do it. :)

4. I bought a pair of Chanel sunglasses today...and only paid about $3 for them! :) ...P.S. They were total knock-offs, but hey, who cares? :)

5. I just got an email from someone that hurt my feelings. I really want to call my mom and cry "on her shoulder," but I'm trying to be a big girl about it. :(

6. I miss having a balcony. Honestly, that's the only thing I miss about living on the third floor of my building. I wish I could just sit outside, read a book, feel the wind blowing, and just enjoy relaxing outside. But alas, our one outside place is a small courtyard with really high walls and above the walls are other people's apartments and clotheslines, so it's totally not fun to sit out there... Maybe I'll go up to the roof and sit up there... I don't know though. Is it really worth it to go up those 4 flights of stairs? :)

7. I've been making a list of things to do in my classroom next week. I'm so excited to rearrange my room and get lots of new fun activities set up! I think my kids are going to LOVE it! :)

8. I'm worried about my dad. I know he says he's doing ok, but I'm worried. And before anyone preaches to me, I KNOW! I know I shouldn't worry. I know I should give it all to God. I know that. Trust me. ...but you know, that's easier said than done sometimes...

9. It's 12:05 a.m. here right now. That means it's WAY WAY WAY past my bedtime. Therefore, Elisabeth is now signing off. Goodnight Blog World. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment